Upgrading

I was thinking abou the Dietz, but is a little to expensive (90$) so I can only reccomend a yuuksta, it is light floaty undersized and fast, like a metal protostar, I think,

I’m thinking X-Convict.

The X-convict pro just dropped but isnt available at yye yet…plus it fits in your budget with money to spare! I’m going to be picking one up soon! Also, have you thought about b/s/t? it is full of great deals. I recently got a code1 mint for $70 and a near perfect trinity for $40…so, as you can see…GREAT deals. Your list is full of great options and i dont think you will be disappointed no matter which you choose. I do agree to stay away from the yuuksta though. If you are thinking x-con have you considered the hitman pro? Of the ones you have in your poll i’d go nova or caferacer. One drop makes GREAT throws! Happy throwing!

Bump

I will get a protostar in a few days and then I will be able to give my opinion on that, in the meantime here is a video where I use my dark magic 1. I am exited for my protostar.

Cool video! What color protostar did you get? I love my protostar, it is my take everywhere yoyo. I also love my DM2.

I am getting it in a trade, it is red I think. I love my dm1 and I traded away my dm2. I learned all the tricks on the dm1 so it will stay with me for good.

Any body used a CAFE RACER ?

bump

I haven’t used it, but I’ve heard many great things about it. It grinds well(I know that sounds weird considering I’ve never used it, but it uses an improved version of their pyramatte finish, shared by my Code 1). It doesn’t look like that bad of a thumb grinder. It is supposed to be very smooth and stable. For more info go here: One Drop CafeRacer « High Speed YoYo

Honestly, I would just choose something. By a certain price point, you really can’t go wrong.

OK, I was just about to buy a Cafe Racer when I saw it was under sized. I hate undersized. Any good full size in my price range?

Just pick one. You can’t go wrong. I am selling a spyy solaris for 70$ if you want it. 56mm and grinds like a beast

OK, so you want to “upgrade” from your Protostar, and you want a fullsized yoyo. The Protostar is a darn fine yoyo. Is there something you wish your new one would do better? We need to narrow down the choices a little. Or are you just ready for a “classier” yoyo?

Based on my experiences with my own Protostar, I have to agree. I’d recommend that to most players. I like my DM2 better, but the Protostar doesn’t seem to compromise much in any way as far as I can tell.

A lot of the YYF plastics are made to compete with metals as far as performance. That seems to be their niche.

Again, I’d have no issues recommended a Protostar to just about anyone. I can’t wait to get a Northstar.

I want it to grind and have alot of spin time. And be full sized.

Too bad they don’t have the Bassline anymore. That would’ve been perfect.

Bump

Sounds like you need a CODE1. :slight_smile:

To much money :frowning: