Upgrading from a Duncan Butterfly?

Any suggestions on what I should bump up to? The three that I have seen people start with are Lyn Fury, Kickside, or FHZ. Any others? Any pros and cons? Thanks in advance to those who help.

EDIT: Mainly looking for a yoyo good for string tricks.

i think the yoyo factory velocity is a great one to start with…
its $20 and has very adjustable response so it will last you until and after you are able to yoyo unresponsively

Thanks for the tip, I’ll look into that one as well.

the revolution or dm2 are good

i would say kickside

I’ve always liked the YYJ Journey or the FHZ.

I prefer the Journey over the kickside because I prefer the dual o-ring response over the hybrid. Never cared much for the Lyn Fury.

The FHZ is a good player too. If you get one of these, order extra stickers. Get the Duncan silicone stickers instead of the friction sticker. The 12 mm sticker is the one that fits. The silicone stickers last much longer than the friction stickers. The FHZ comes w/2 stickers. Most people like them better w/just one.

Also get some extra string. It wears out faster than you think.

get the velocity because it requires the least upkeep and will be able to preform any trick because of the adjustable response (though remember it is the player not the yoyo) but really any ball bearing yoyo will help

I may go with the velocity due to its “upkeep” I’m not experienced with yoyos and dont want to have to replace pads/stickers whatever they are.

I’m also now intrigued with the Dark Magic since Jake mentioned it. Would that be a better yoyo to get over the velocity? Does it need to have stuff replaced on it other than string?

Yes pads but if u silicone it it would last much longer

Duncan sili pads last a long, long time. I’ve had a pair in my G&E4 for almost a year.

The DM is a good choice. It would be my preference over the velocity. Nothingh to replace. The o-rings will last longer than you.

I’ve decided to buy the Lyn Fury, hopefully I will like it. I will let you guys know what I think about it when it arrives. Thanks for all your input.

I think you will love the Lyn Fury. It is a very awesome yoyo for its price. Enjoy.