UPDATE: Shu Takada will be on Americas Got Talent on NBC AGAIN on 9/6/22 (was previously on: 5/31/22)

Shu is the man!
Super cool.
And yoyos rule.

11 Likes

That was amazing! Shu is the best! Its posted everywhere but i know some of us here don’t have IG etc… here’s a YouTube clip.

26 Likes

I don’t think that could’ve gone better.

2a really is the right “big audience” style for a show like this. It’s fast and dynamic and allows for all sorts of dance moves and acrobatics in it.

12 Likes

Biggest non-shocker: Shu owned at a talent show. lol :rofl:

Basically announcer guy is like yoyo sucks and it’s too nerdy, and Shu is just like, ill show you some moves. I think he made the right choice to focus on the choreography more than going technical.

Since I don’t watch this show, will he get more performances since he made it? I like that he made the choice to showcase a more old-school oriented performance that was both modern in approach, but still classic; however id love to see him do another show with more high energy music. The performance was good, but we all know he does better.

9 Likes

That particular announcer is named Simon and he has a reputation for being a D! ( that’s why they have 3 other more appealing judges).
I think Shu accomplished his mission, brought his skills and YoYo to a greater audience, i will be impressed if he makes it to the final round but the fact that he made the first round and got on the primier is huge for him. It’s great exposure. Congratulations!
Honestly the last time i watched this show was over 20 years ago, Simon was a judge then and he was just as big of an @$$.

8 Likes

That’s why he’s on the show. To be a heel. A Badguy the audience loves to hate. It’s the whole point of him on there.

6 Likes

I was throwing today while waiting for my doctors appointment and a nice gentleman approached me and was super excited to “see yo-yoing in real life because he watched an AMAZING guy in Americas Got Talent last night!!!” :joy:

He actually took a video of me lol , I was more than happy to show him some tricks and educate him a bit on the absolute LEGEND he got to watch on A.G.T :grin:

20 Likes

Thank you for the link. I don’t have TV and couldn’t find a way to stream.

He is so incredible!

5 Likes

Well done boss Shu Takada…… you are the man!
With great ambassadors like you…Evan…& Gentry…… yoyo is stacked!!

8 Likes

I’m not gonna lie though he’s kind of right about the other yo-yo performances .

6 Likes

That was an amazing performance !!! I expected nothing but the best from shu. I cant wait for him to bring some heat in nats this year !!!

4 Likes

Sure. But this is true for anything at the highest level. You don’t understand the skill involved unless there’s real showmanship as well.

Like, is shown people Evan Nagao’s 2018 performance at nationals. And they love it. But some other performances much less so.

Showmanship is a much bigger factor in a setting like this than just her mere skill at the particular art.

3 Likes

Wow!! I just saw his performance. I didn’t expect anything less. Shu is the best!

6 Likes

That’s so cool

3 Likes

what a performance from Shu! :fire: :fire:
Best in the world for sure

4 Likes

Yeah I think there was only one other one that made it to television that I know of. I agree sometimes the best performances don’t have the most complicated combos. Evan does a great job with big open very visible tricks . I think 2a is great for garnering a big audience. Shu is just in a league of his own. No one does it like this guy .

6 Likes

I have a pair of Loop360s. Figured I’d be, by the math, “half as good”.

Watched the YouTube on Shu. On my attempt, I nailed the opening walk the dog, but soon after I hurt my back, so I couldn’t attempt the rest of the routine.

I’m recalculating the “half as good” projection. Maybe I’ll need a new set of response pads and learn how to throw with my left hand as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I just realized who you are. When did you change your name?

1 Like

That was a pretty spectacular performance and hopefully Shu goes far. It’s always interesting watching those types of shows and must be difficult to judge who stays and goes as nearly everyone is so talented!
I’ll be tracking this thread if anyone knows the schedule of his next performance.

3 Likes

i just watched it with my son. all i can say is WOW. what a performance. he put together a fantastic routine, perfect for the venue. he made it a show, which is what it had to be. if he just went up there and threw technical trick after technical trick, we would have been the only ones impressed. but…he flipped, he danced, he threw, he did it all. great routine. great performance. even my 12 year old, whom i am trying to get into the yo, thought it was “cool”. so, i handed him one of my Loop 2020s and he was trying to emulate. he threw some forward passes, a loop or two and a few “almost” around the worlds. i was happy. trying to spark his interest…hoping he picks it up.

throw often my friends.
kgb

11 Likes