UPDATE: Moar FREE 3a pairs

Hey, at least they aren’t clean Vs :smirk:

I’m gonna kill it dude :muscle:

3 Likes

The first status report is gonna be frustration and hopelessness I already know it

5 Likes

I can’t wait for this! Good luck @smileypants707 :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Daily updates until you’re the next 3A champion @smileypants707

4 Likes

So I just realized that the next couple of months will be nonstop travel so I wouldn’t be able to practice with them much, that’s why.

4 Likes

I imagine that learning/practicing with yoyos of two different colors has benefits, maybe also using strings of two different colors.

But during competition/performance, isn’t it more common for 3A players to use two identical yoyos? Does that look better to an audience than two different yoyo colors?

2 Likes

Having different colored yoyo and string might be helpful starting out but isn’t a big deal.

I’m not sure why most competitors use identical colored yoyos tbh, I like them to be different in most cases. Just because I’m already buying duplicates, might as well have them be different colors. And it can be nice to differentiate right hand yoyo and left hand yoyo. Same with string but it’s easier and cheaper to buy 1 100 pack rather than 2 just for different colors so I think that’s why same colored string is more common

2 Likes

The Oscillator looks like a d*mn fine 3A yoyo, and it comes in red! Alas, it doesn’t come in blue or gold, and at $100 a pop, you better be ready for the contest stage if you’re gonna invest in a pair of those bad boys.

1 Like

Yeah I was looking at the oscillators too. And they were designed FOR 3a, not for 1a with 3a in mind. Plus Hank Freeman is a legend. I think he’s the pioneer of modern 3a play.

3 Likes

Just shipped out, his 3a journey should be starting Monday :joy:

4 Likes

Different color string AND yoyo. What do you think @zslane

Also I expect you to learn this by the end of the month @smileypants707 don’t disappoint me

4 Likes

Challenge accepted! Where’s a tut?

2 Likes

There is none fam :joy:

Other than the bare basics there really aren’t any 3a tutorials

3 Likes

Looks super easy.
I could totally do that!

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

That looks neat with 2 strings. Needed a blue string instead of yellow though! :smiley:

1 Like

I was afraid you were going to say that. Deep down in my gut I knew this was the case.

3 Likes

It’s the style with the fewest tutorials by far. Even 2a has more

1 Like

Pshaw CHAD never disappoints

5 Likes

…So…
When does Andy’s 3A Tutorial Series start? :smiley:

2 Likes

When I actually get good at 3a :joy:

I do want to start making them but I don’t feel that I’m good enough yet

4 Likes

There are about 24 tutorials on yotricks.com, which seems like a reasonable place to start.

2 Likes