UPDATE: Moar FREE 3a pairs

In my eyes you’re freaking amazing at 3a from all the videos I’ve seen of you!

1 Like

That’s not that much considering a third of those just show you how to get into a basic mount(literally just getting into the mount, not a trick), and another third is the most basic trick from those mounts

If you learn all the tricks from those tutorials but nothing else I’d definitely still consider you a 3a beginner, not even intermediate

2 Likes

It only seems good cuz you don’t play 3a :wink:

I bet what you’re doing now would’ve seemed amazing to you when you knew nothing about 1a

If there was a trick structure for 3a like there is for 1a on YYE, I’d say I’m about advanced part 1 level, maybe starting to get into advanced part 2

I’m honestly not that comfortable throwing 3a yet believe it or not :joy: throwing straight throws and breakaways left handed still isn’t automatic to me yet

4 Likes

I guess this demonstrates just how unpopular 3A is compared to 1A (though I suppose all of the other styles are woefully unpopular compared to 1A today). You can always tell how popular something is today by the number of people making videos about it, and the number of videos they make.

3 Likes

In terms of how good you can get in a style from tutorials, 3a is definitely at the bottom of the barrel

That ain’t gonna stop me from grinding tho :triumph:

2 Likes

Too bad neon blue strings aren’t a thing.

I think I’d rather have a bright yellow/gold yoyo instead tho

3 Likes

The constant concern for yoyo collisions kinda makes the pace of 3A play look like 1A with the brakes on. It is still mesmerizing to watch, but I think there’s a need for speed that’s not quite being satisfied there…

(And I’m not talking about your 3A play, Andy, but just 3A in general…even Hajime Miura looks like he playing at “half speed” compared to typical 1A.)

3 Likes

Yeah but part of the reason I like 3a is because in theory 3a is a really difficult and complex style but because of the way 3a is as you mentioned, tricks are very easy to break down and understand compared to high level 1a or 5a. It’s simple(straightforward movements) and complex(2 yoyos at once) at the same time

Also a lot of people hate on speed cough @smileypants707 cough

6 Likes

I’ve been looking into 3a recently, I would love to learn how to do some of it for myself, but don’t have two of the same yoyo or any two yoyos that I would be okay with dinging up trying to learn. I’m not all too coordinated, but I would give 3a a solid shot if I could.

Good on you for doing this, man.

5 Likes

yes please
ive tried every style except 3a, and i really want to see how i can do

2 Likes

If I don’t end up feeling as though 3a is my jam, I’ll continue this 3a gift idea.

6 Likes

Just don’t give up too early :joy:

4 Likes

I’m just thinking out loud here…
No pressure or anything Smiley.

It’s just that Worlds is coming up pretty soon you know?

YOU GOT THIS!!! I BELIEVE IN YOU BRO!

2 Likes

His training for worlds starts now :joy:

Tracking says it’s delivered :hushed:

5 Likes

@Legyoyo which pair ya want

One of the Replays has legit C grade vibe. Not wobble but you definitely feel it on the string. The other 2 are fairly smooth but are easily overtightened which causes it to become responsive so you’d have to be careful with that when screwing the halves back together.

The Popstars are a meme don’t pick those :joy:

The others have standard minor B grade vibe/ano flaws.

7 Likes

I support this initiative, and I wish I could help more, but it’s so rare that I have matched pairs of yo-yos. I go for diversity over lots of copies of the same thing.

7 Likes

If you want to send me one of the Replays - I have one that’s pretty beat up to go with it. I could give this a try, though I’ll probably be pretty terrible…so maybe not waste it on me if someone else wants it lol

3 Likes

Yeah these were like $5 a pair so I don’t mind passing some of them along after I have my fun with them. Shipping to multiple people can add up too though so that’s my only thing. I might ask if they’d be willing to chip in $5 for shipping idk

2 Likes

Man…I LOVE that you’re doing this Andy! SO freaking cool!!
I’m still not interested. I can barely even figure out what to do with a yo with 1 hand lol…
But…yeah…you rock man!!

4 Likes

Oh snap, the pressure is on. What’re those sexy beasts in the black and red? They look like they’d have a generous catch zone.

2 Likes