Unresponsive bounce back issue?

Hi, I’m new to unresponsive yo-yos and I have a question. I have a magicyoyo k7 that i switched to unresponsive. But when i drop/throw it down, when it reaches the bottom it sort of bounces back up, and my responsive yoyo doesnt do that. I dont mean it winds back up like a responsive, just that it bounces up a little bit and goes back down. Im just wondering if this is normal or am i doing something wrong? Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Are you using a really short string? I’m not sure what bounce back up means. Does it come back up on the string like a responsive?

1 Like

I think you’re talking about string bounce. If it’s not coming back to your hand, I wouldn’t worry about it. Have fun good luck on your unresponsive journey!

1 Like

no its not a short string. no not like a responsive. it just bounces up a little after hitting bottom

1 Like

Pre stretch your string. Give it a nice 15 second stretch

2 Likes

It also sounds like you’re not giving the yoyo any “cushion” when it gets to the bottom of the string. If a responsive yoyo hit the bottom and bounced like that, it would respond. Typically you’ll adjust your technique to soften that landing so the string stays under tension. thats not necessary with an unresponsive yoyo to keep the yoyo spinning.

4 Likes

I was going to say it’s technique.
Don’t panic!
Give it time my dude!

5 Likes

I just tried several throw downs with as little and as much force as possible and could not get any bounce at all. I wish we had a video to examine. There is always a solution

3 Likes

the only way i can get a yoyo to bounce at the end is a super hard throw perfectly straight down, and just holding my hand out as it unwinds. i have to stop myself from doing my normal technique, which kinda raises my hand a little as the yoyo hits the end in order to soften that impact.

2 Likes

If I put fresh un stretched nylon on my yoyo I can get a good bounce

1 Like

Yes, it’s probably just technique. As you get smoother with your throw it should work itself out.

Not familiar with that model, is it particularly heavy? Some yo-yos just feel like a rock at the end of the string.

Are you throwing front style or a breakaway?

1 Like