Unpopular Yoyo Opinions

I agree.
But delrin is plastic haha

8 Likes

I struggle hard with consistent flip & varial tricks. I enjoy the chase of these, but, can see your perspective. For me, stalls and regens have flow, flips don’t. However, that is more of a French issue as I see many who are just smooth and flowy with these tricks

1 Like

Oh i totally see where you’re coming from. Flips and varials feel like very isolated tricks. Not that you can’t incorporate them in combos, but it’s harder to do in a cohesive way.

2 Likes

This is hardly an unpopular opinion.

Plastic and Delrin is overrated

1 Like

Swirls don’t look good.

1 Like

“Torched” yoyos don’t look good.

1 Like

If this was a contest, this opinion would surely win. I applaud you, sir! Well done! Now…

2 Likes

Too right!

Some people have the money to afford it so good for them but some don’t and then get into real difficulty because they HAVE to have the latest release because of whatever reason and it is really unhealthy. There really seems to be a lack of encouraging people to be happy with what they have.

9 Likes

Yeah I’m not in a spot where my spending is putting me in a bad place but I’m starting to try and curb it a little. Mostly by accepting that more expensive yo-yos are not better in any way. Like even bimetals only have a marginal advantage over monometals.

I also went a little overboard after starting yoyoing again. Lots of new stuff to try.

Going forward outside of the bimetal shutter I don’t plan on buying much if anything over ~75$. I wonder what would happen if people started ignoring yo-yo releases that were priced disproportionately to the rest of the market.

I know A-RT wouldn’t survive that’s for sure lol.
Neither would YYR, Turning Point or Something.

3 Likes

More than half of my yoyo purchases have been made because it is the only way I have to try out a yoyo I’m curious about. More often than not it has nothing to do with having the hottest new yoyos, but merely trying out the hottest new yoyos. Believe me, if there was another way, I’d do it, but there isn’t.

6 Likes

Sounds like a business opportunity…RENT-A-YO

Wanna try a yoyo out? Rent it for a week and send it back!
You break it? Ding it? You buy it!

*Best to throw over a carpet…the same way you try new shoes on a clean surface so you can return if it doesn’t work out

9 Likes

I got an unpopular yoyo opinion…it was so unpopular the admin closed the thread

One Drop flat bearings are outdated…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Please no

5 Likes

He closed it because someone gave him a cookie! You gotta understand how things work around here.:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Width and diameter has more to do with how comfortable a yoyo feels in your hand than shape. Organic does not equal comfort.

Good and bad bearings trick you in to thinking a yoyo is better or worse than it actually is.

5 Likes

Nah definitely a combination of all three.

2 Likes

I miss the flat bearing thread.

14 Likes

Meh, if 2.9% isn’t much why does near all yoyo brands sell their yoyos on their website without free shipping?

And besides, what’s the difference between marking the price as 72 and asking for 3 more if you’re doing G&S against marking as 75 and giving you a 3 discount if your doing F&F?
I think there’s no issue as long as it’s written out clearly by the seller and not a “ohandbytheway” PM thing.
Pricing a yoyo higher is obviously not going to make everyone happy.

A-RT definitely would be struggling but the Japanese brands probably would just only lose their oversea customer and still manage to sell in Japan. Their spending habits and values is pretty different from ours due to income and stuff.