Unpopular Yoyo Opinions

I’m with you, sir. Rounded and angled is good enough for me. Most of the time I just see myself as a dummy. I’ve been into yoyos for 2 years now and I cannot tell the difference in all the shapes. All I know is I am not really into anything angular.

2 Likes

H%20shape

Yes!!!

You’re missing out on some of the best most fun Yoyo tricks out there man. Get out of your comfort zone. Throw a competition yoyo focused more on actually performing well than having than that “organic feel”, and learn some more advanced tricks!

2 Likes

I have fun yoyoing the way I like, so what’s wrong with that? Though I actually like to throw all kinds of yoyos, so im not just only throwing on organics. I just typically prefer throwing casually with less competition oriented throws. And I will break out a V or an H when I learn new tricks.

2 Likes

It really makes sense if you consider organic a shape, which it certainly is! Invert the organic curve from the rim to the response pads and bam, that’s an H.

↑ ↑ See that negative white space on an organic, which I’ve flood filled in the above pic with black? So you have either a blue O or a black H here :wink:

So technically H is the literal opposite of O. There is no opposite of V because it’s a straight line. Inverting a V results in… a V.

(No, “response bumps” don’t make something an H, otherwise the 2016 benchmark O would be an H :wink: )

4 Likes

colder yoyos are smoother

2 Likes

sometimes when my metal yoyos get cold they get a teeny layer of condensation which can be kinda grippy

1 Like

Based on what?

2 Likes

SS = super saiyan

2 Likes

After selling off most of my “collection” I now currently have 3 yo-yos, one full size organic, mid size H/W, undersize organic

I feel more streamlined and not as gluttonous in my yo-yo consumption, it feels good to de-clutter and have throws that i pickup rather than just look at

12 Likes

I’m working on this right now. Not as low as 3, but I’ve been working my way down to just having a single case of 8 yoyos + my Burm and fixie, so 10 total (which is pretty good considering I was up to around 30 within the first year of throwing lol)

5 Likes

I’m not a fan of yoyo crowd control. I never regulate the size of the family. Some new arrive and some find new homes, it’s a natural process of sharing what I love. Sometimes there are more additions to the family while at other times, yoyos have to make it out in the wild, they are ready for that next step. :smirk:

4 Likes

I’m not quite there but working on it to a lesser degree. Sold 5 yo-yos recently, and I’ve only got my eyes on new Good Lifes and duplicates or iterations of yo-yos I already have.

2 Likes

I love variety in yoyos way too much to sell off my yoyos. I always like to match my yoyo to my mood, and it is always slightly different. I can understand yoyo collection minimalists, but ill never be one.

10 Likes

Small bearing Delrins are the gluten free IPA’s of yoyos.

2 Likes

On a related note:

Delrins serve no purpose and I don’t understand why they’re still a thing.

2 Likes

Nah, pizzaexpress is the best

Whoa now!

2 Likes

Let me rephrase that: mass produced delrins. Like what is the point in a companies line up of having a delrin. There are high performing molded plastics that are cheaper, and budget metals that are at least as good.

6 Likes

Ah… makes sense