Undersized yoyos?

Crap, really sorry for triple-posting there. Didn’t realize that the discussion was already at the second page

I would say the Masamini is more of a micro sized, a step smaller than undersized. If you are looking for a good undersized wait for the One Drop Marquis. I do believe they are coming in a couple weeks and should retail for $49. It has a slightly bigger diameter than the DV888 and plays great on the string.

I am getting ready to drop a review for it soon but you can read more about them in Paul Dang’s post here.

One Drop Marquis

Isn’t that the mystery box yoyo? Do you think it’s gonna run out fast? There are only 400 in stock right? Is that limited, or is that actually a lot?

They’re shipping it internationally though, so I might consider.

400’s a lot for one run but this will be the only run they’re making. It might still sell out quickly depending on demand but I doubt it’ll sell out in under a day or something like that.

400 is a large run. While it is a blind box that just means you will not get to pick your color. The play is going to be identical between all of them with two small exceptions. The nickel plated Marquis will be a couple grams heavier because of the nickel plating and the titanium is, well it is a different beast entirely. That being said, there are 10 nickel and 5 titanium so odds are you are going to get a well playing anodized aluminum undersized in some color to add to your collection. :slight_smile:

Do you think they’re going to be good? I don’t really want to take the risk, but they just seem so captivating. I guess I should just wait for your review.

Don’t know if this fits your criteria. But I just got a CLYW Puffin 2 and love it. It’s a touch over 55mm. But it has that heavier solid feel to it and is really stable from my experience. It is the smallest return top I own, so thought it might fit the bill.

Just a plain 'ol 888… Still my favorite undersized to date :wink:

The new OneDrop blind box sounds very interesting :o

I tried a Onedrop Rebirth, it played pretty nice, good finish and it was pretty stable for an undersized throw…53mm diameter. You could also look for a CLYW WM2 if you can find one…a little less stable than the Rebirth, a little smaller, but still tons of fun. The Manatee is a 54mm diameter which I enjoy, but I don’t think it’s width would put it under the undersized category…it’s floaty and chill.

So right now, the 3 I’ll most likely buy are the:

marquis
Houska
Manatee

Which one has the best surface finish (is that what you call it?) and performance? I’m starting to lean more towards the marquis, but then again, Houska is made by turning point, so I don’t know. The PAKFA and the Puffin are too expensive, and the masamini is still risky for me. I probably won’t be able to get my hands on a 2evil, and the boss seems kinda boring.

If you’re sticking to undersized I’d go with the Marquis. One Drop knows how to make a good and fun undersized/mid-sized yoyo. Plus you might land the titanium :wink:

Out of those 3 the Manatee probably plays the best though.

I have one. I will go into more detail when I put up the review, but I find it to be quite the player. :slight_smile:

Keep in mind I was a big fan of the Dietz so having a pocket sized version is just icing on the cake.

(Marquis is the top right, green yo-yo in this picture. The other four are the 2016 One Drop Benchmark series)

You could take a look at the…

C3 Token
YYF Boss
YYO Pause
Rebellion Lilliputian
Werrd Minute

2sick knight??

Manatee out of those three for me at least. Manatee is my favorite pure bred CLYW. (Tundra being my #1) The finish is killer for grinds, so comfy in the hand, plays fast, but DEF not an undersized…

I like a smaller throw. I’ve tried many of the recent offerings and the two that stand out for me are the MFD 2Evil and the Rebellion Lilliputian. The Boss is decent after I swapped in a center track bearing. The C3 Token, not so stable…

my favorite smaller throws are Puffin2 and Gnarwal2, and WoolyMarmont2. Especially the wooly marmont2. that one is just a ball of fun!

Your post reminded me of an undersized that I loved back in the day. The Wooly Markmont. That thing was a beast.

True^^^

I really like the original Dietz too.

I’ve been missing undersized yoyos too. I wish some company would step in and make some interesting undersized designs…h-shapes…bimetals…seems like everything now is fullsize+ and crazy wide.

YYF Boss: while the design isn’t interesting it’s a solid player and only $30…seriously, $30. It also truly fits in the undersized category and is easily attainable.

Zeekio Bern: really more midsized at 54x42, but still feels pretty compact, bonus- it’s bimetal. Might be getting rare since it was a limited run.