Un-Canning a Holy Grail

I’m not normally an unboxing kind of guy. And I guess I’m still not because obviously this thing came in a can.

But this yo-yo is so cool… And we’ve all seen gold yo-yos before, so it’s not that. It’s just a combination of everything that makes this thing all good. It’s kind of a high bounce on the cost. But once you get over the sticker shock, things get better quick.

I don’t expect to get a ton of views. And no doubt I probably could’ve done a better job if I would’ve done a little rehearsing and had a better plan on how to do and what to say in the video

But my wife called me from home and told me the box arrived there 21 miles away from me Eight hours before I’d be returning home.

When I got home, I had a lot of stuff to do so the box just sat on the table. And then, somewhere around one or two in the morning thereabouts, I was the only one awake, which is why I’m speaking in low tones during the course of the video.

I was in the kitchen, trying to figure out if there was a trick way to get the can open? And then, when I stared at the seams at both ends of the can, I realized the only way to get ithe yo-yo out was no trick at all, just get a can opener ha ha.

So to those that bother to watch the video if no other reason because they don’t have anything else to do, thank you very much.

I threw it around a little bit at three in the morning. I have a lot of titanium yo-yos. And I have at least three gold ones RSO, a yo-yo I got from Dave Geigel, and this one. The holy Grail has the best sound of any titanium I have. It literally sings to me it’s amazing. It’s been perfectly smooth which is really not that big of a deal to me. But as the yo-yosget more expensive, I guess it is not unreasonable to expect more precise results. It’s very stable And spins and spins and spins. Ergonomic?… Pretty much goes without saying. I mean just look at the thing. It’s got a shape that falls asleep in your hand. It is truly a holy Grail in the world of yo-yos.

I’m not saying it’s the best yo-yo. I’m not saying it’s worth it. Because if you’re on a budget, you can live for 300 years without getting a yo-yo like this.

But last I heard, it cost at least $200 to get into Disneyland. So this represents two general admissions to Disneyland. And the cool thing is that means I’ll miss Disneyland twice but I’ll still have this yo-yo. That’s pretty cost-effective in my book.

Thanks in advance if you have a chance to check it out. Remember, I didn’t do any rehearsing. I didn’t write anything down. I didn’t edit anything. I just basically push the start button and start yapping. Kinda like open mic at the low-grade humor lounge.

33 Likes

Very Warholesque, I love it!

1 Like

I’d need two.

1 Like

I enjoyed the video! I like the touque too it actually fits nice on me and is great quality.

I got the blue it’s lovely.

Thanks for making the vid!

11 Likes

Cool that you got one man! I know you said before that you missed the previous drop.

It’s nice to know that someone who has previously, on numerous occasions helped people find their “grails” has been able to get their own.

5 Likes

Enjoyable content

3 Likes

I would have invested in a better can opener!! lol.

2 Likes

Omg bro ur not even really trying to be funny but ur funny as f*ck. Im so glad I watched this. U said “im gonna go take some meds” lmfao. The sound that yoyo is making just from u holding and turning it is so sick. I can only imagine what it sounds like spinning. Also…Ur tha man. I’ve enjoyed ur content for over 10 yrs now. Thank u for always being so heavily invested in this community. Aight big dawg Im out.

P.s. I dont know if u normally “rehearse” ur vids…I know u said u didnt for this one…but if u do…dont…do them all just like this one

4 Likes

Enjoyed this unbox vid!

Was cracking up at the line: “Ohhhh…there’s a bearing in here. What kind of bearing is it…mmmh…it’s just a flat bearing…lucky me…” … :sweat_smile:

Keep the unbox vids coming! @yoyodoc :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Cool! What a beauty! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: