What's all of the hype about for the ART Grail?

Is it that incredible of a yoyo? How does it play? Considering purchasing one on the BST (if I can find one!) Thanks!!

1 Like

If I only had one yo-yo and it was an A-RT Grail.

Then I would say it would absolutely be the best yoyo I have.

PSā€¦ā€¦ Think of it this way. Charles and Jensen sell every single Grail they release. Very few ever come up for sale or trade. Andā€¦ā€¦ you seldom hear people saying negative things about the Grail. <> Logic would indicate it is at the very least, a reasonably good and fun yoyo to throw.

PS #2. Who said it was Incredible?

I donā€™t recall people saying the Grail is ā€˜Incredibleā€™? I have 3 of them. A very nice yoyo indeed. That adjective never crossed my mindšŸ¤”

2 Likes

I dont think he said anyone said this. Just asking people or owners for their personal testimonials.

This is purely an assumption here but Iā€™m betting OP here wants one. Has already decided. And wants the forum to build him some hype before he drops some drunk dollars

10 Likes

I love em so much I bought three (and unintentionally, a fake one - but thatā€™s another story for another day :joy::joy::joy:), and will be buying more for sure. IMO the Grail and the MCMO are some of the best full sized organic yoyos ever made. Iā€™d say you should pick up a Grail if you like yoyos on the ā€œfloatierā€ side, and get the MCMO if you like things more on the ā€œsolid feelā€ sideā€¦ theyā€™re just two different feels and you canā€™t go wrong either well. Itā€™s for sure gonna be one of those yoyos in a couple years that is gonna be looked at as an all time classic.

10 Likes

I think the Grail is so popular because people just really love Charles and Jensen. The yoyo itself is good but the following those two guys have is on another level.

12 Likes

Iā€™ve bought into yoyos that were surrounded by hype and was let down. The grail is my favorite yoyo still. Itā€™s almost like an extension of myself in play and gets picked up more than anything else.

7 Likes

The nice thing about it, is that if you donā€™t like it, you can always sell it, probably for close to what you paid for it. Thought I donā€™t remember ever reading anyone say they didnā€™t like their Grail. The worst thing Iā€™ve heard was someone preferring the original to the B7.

4 Likes

I couldnā€™t give a flying crap for hype and personality. The Grail is a simple, straight forward, well crafted yoyo. I have 4 and rate it alongside the Chief as a favourite.

8 Likes

I really like the Grail, Iā€™ve been throwing mine everyday for the past three weeks and itā€™s one of my favorite throws.

The minimalistic look and kind of care free feel when one plays it appeals to me. I think it has become one of those classic throws that others will always compare to.

I used to have three at one point but I traded away my powder coated version for a grail throw (not a Grail yoyo but a grail yoyoā€¦ Should have said white whale or something else to avoid confusion. Or even just said a different yoyo that I was looking for for a while, yes that would have been better.)

4 Likes

Itā€™s gud

4 Likes

it ā€˜generallyā€™ sets the bar for full size floaty modern organic yoyos. i say this as most full size floaty modern organics will be judged against this when being either reviewed or played.

itā€™s also very good at being what it is.

5 Likes

Donā€™t get me wrong, it is a great yoyo. Butā€¦ If you want one strictly as a player Iā€™d say your money would be better spent on other mono metal organics That donā€™t cost $170+ (or moreā€¦yikes). If you want it for as a work of art, for its connection to two yoyo legends, for the thrill of the hunt, or because it looks cool then I say go for it. I wouldnā€™t sweat it if you canā€™t get your hands on one. Had one, sold it. It didnā€™t stand out enough for me to keep (of course very few things actually stay in my collection, Iā€™ve got under 8 unresponsiveā€™s currently but have owned somewhere around 250 different ones. So there is a lot of turn over )

4 Likes

So itā€™s a cost issue, then? They are expensive.

For me personally no (not that Iā€™m rich, Iā€™m a lowly social worker :joy:) I just try to keep my collection small. typically anything rare or expensive that doesnā€™t strike me personally as unique or desirable in play compared to easily replaced or cheaper yo-yos Iā€™ll get rid of. So I understand the hype from the ā€˜whole packageā€™ perspective cause A-RT is a cool team and the aesthetics and play of their stuff is great , but I donā€™t think itā€™s world ending if you cant ever own one.

6 Likes

Got it - I meant in general; asking the whole audience.

I must have hit the wrong ā€˜replyā€™.

1 Like

This is true, the MK1 Contact comes to mind as one that plays very similar.

7 Likes

Another suggestion would be the RCS Show Pony

5 Likes

the RSO 7068 Bowl is a top tier contender and can be had on the BST around $110

2 Likes

I would even put the @anon17117379 Memento in this alternate category. Mike shreds this one on his IG

https://www.instagram.com/mikemonty/

5 Likes

Yes Its incredible. It plays great!

buy 2 :slight_smile:

4 Likes