UGENT!- Yuuksta Axle/Threads Help

Hello YYE; I recently got my YYF Yuuksta and It played amazingly well. However when I switched the bearing to a One Drop 10 ball it seemed to not tighten as well as before. With the 10 ball bearing I felt less resistance when tightening than before. Also it seemed like the 10 ball didn't go all the way into the bearing seat. To prevent further harm from my yoyo I removed the 10 ball bearing and put in the YYF spec one. The same thing happened when I tightened my yoyo and it felt like it was still not tight. I played with for a bit and It was like new but when I did any type of grind there was vibe. I then took it apart and tightened it again but this time It seemed to tighten properly. It also didn't vibe when I grinded anymore.(I might be paranoid but it still seems to have a slight vibe I think). After all of this my Yuuksta seemed to be back to normal however now when I tighten my yoyo, one side doesn't seem to match up to the other like it did before.

My axle doesn’t seem to be stripped. The only reasons I can think of are that I cross threaded(not really) it or stripped the threads.

So what should I do now? Should I send it for a refund to YYE or YYF?
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sidenote: The axle in my Yuuksta seems unscrew itself when I open my yoyo. It was like this out of the box. Does anyone else have this problem?

Edit: Anyways. Is it safe to play with my yoyo? And also why doesn’t my One Drop 10 Ball fit in my Yuuksta?

Welp, honestly if the Yuuksta is performing as it should then I would just recommend getting some teflon thread tape or blue loctite and tuning the yoyo. If you are unsure of what I mean I will post a link to a great tut on how to do so. The axle unscrewing itself is not a big issue so long as it does not happen during play. The tut is below.

EDIT: Updated with the proper tutorial, Thanks mrcnja!

Ty. Ehh however I dont have a hex bolt axle =) I have the normal YYF fundametal one. You must of been confused when I said One Drop Bearing

Edit: Anyways. Is it safe to play with my yoyo? And also why doesn’t my One Drop 10 Ball fit in my Yuuksta?

Nope, all standard YYF Axles have a hex key in them, check both ends. At least every single one of the ones I own do.

EDIT: Make sure you check both ends.

Lol I meant that It doesn’t have a bolt at the end… or does it?
So here is what I understand so far: My yoyo is fine just use loctite and tune it out?

So long as I am understanding you correctly, then yes. And to clarify what I am understanding is this. Your Yuuksta went through some rough patches but now the only problem you are having is that when you unscrew the halves the axle partially or completely unscrews as well. The tuning will get rid of any vibe you might have for the most part. The loctite or teflon thread tape will keep your axle snuggly inside of the half. I recommend using the blue loctite over the red just in case you do need to change out the axle it wont be terribly difficult to do so. As far as the hex key part is concerned if you can put an allen wrench in one of the ends of your axle THAT is what I mean by hex key. :smiley: I hope this helps. IF you still arent able to resolve this issue and you purchased the yoyo here at YYE shoot Andre an email or PM and tell him what is going on, I am sure he will replace it if the need were to arise, if you didn’t buy it here then contact whomever you purchased it from, YYN, YYS, etc.

1 Like

Ok ty for all the advice and quick response. I just have one more question: Why doesn’t my one drop bearing work in my Yuuksta?

No problem, as far as the bearing not fitting in there there is a very simple yet often overlooked answer.

All bearings have tolerances in each dimension, the thing is that a single human hair is ~.002in thick, the bearings have a +/- tolerance which means that they can be off only so much in either direction to still be considered a good part. Now the same is true in machining yoyos so lets say your bearing seat is a little bit big and your bearing is a little bit small, nothing that you would be able to see or tell the difference on by mere comparison or the naked eye. It SHOULD fit but it will be tough to fit in the bearing seat, my suggestion on the matter is not a cheap one but buy a different 10ball and see if that one fits better, or for that matter try out a bunch of different bearings in it, you SHOULD see a slight difference in how snug the bearing sits in the seat with each one. I hope this helps, I had the same problem a while back and when I talked to my best friend who is a machinist, he explained the whole thing to me with torturous detail, now I know and so do you :smiley:

1 Like

Ty 4 the help. As for now I just leave the stock bearing and I will get the teflon tape so the axle stays in place. As for the yoyo not lining up; It doesn’t affect play so I will leave it. Also after a while the vibe on grind went away.Thank You extremely for all the help and the detailed explanations.

No problem at all. :smiley:

The correct tuning method for a Yuuksta is this one.

1 Like

It might just be me, but I find that 10 balls are always looser… maybe the inner diameter is a hair larger? And it’s spelled urgent ;D

KK Ty guys play has come back to normal but there still some a little vibe on grinds so Ill tune that out =).
Question: Will Loc-Tite or Teflon Tape make it so that is harder to get the axle out of the bearing?

Teflon tape - no, not appreciably.
Loc-tite - yes, the degree depends on the grade you use. Get the lightest grade.

^Right^ One of them, the red one, says “permanent” on the tube. If you use that one, the axle will simply never come out again. Ever. Don’t use the red one. One of them, the blue one is for stuff that you don’t want to vibrate loose, but you want to get apart again later. Use the blue one. The axle will stay put in the half you put it in, but will come out easily with an hex key.

Have Fun,
Java