Two tricks one post...

ok

1. BOING-e-BOING:every atempt I have at this trick it just bounces twice sideways and comes straight out I have the mount right and everything!

2. now im trying Gyroscopic flop and im getting frustrated…it looks exactly the same as the video and when I pull it sort of rocks back and forth then dies…Note I am good at plastic whip so I know ive got the whip right…

Help!

Practice is the key here, you’ll get it right. When I was learning Boing-e-Boing, I just had to practice it alot. Bounce it a little betwwen the string, and concentrate on the yo-yo and where it’s landing. Once you have it, it’s an awesome trick to show off.

I have some detailed insdtructions from mastermagic that may help, if you want-

Boing-e-Boing-

Start with a Split Bottom Mount as in Split The Atom. Raise the yo-yo up so your throwhand is above it and your non-throwhand below it. Making sure your hands are lines up while make the next few steps much easier. Bounce the yo-yo off the front string by raising your throwhand pointer finger straight up. Immediately start to lower it as soon as it hits the string, which will cause it to start bouncing back. As the yo-yo bounces back raise your throwhand pointer finger back up causing the yo-yo to go backwards into the back string. Immediately start to lower it as soon as it hits the string, which will cause it to start bounching forward. After repeating steps 2 and 3 for a good few times, drop the yo-yo back onto the string and end in a simple Braintwister dismount.
Start with a Split Bottom Mount as in Split The Atom. Raise the yo-yo up so your throwhand is above it and your non-throwhand below it. Making sure your hands are lines up while make the next few steps much easier. Bounce the yo-yo off the front string by raising your throwhand pointer finger straight up. Immediately start to lower it as soon as it hits the string, which will cause it to start bouncing back. As the yo-yo bounces back raise your throwhand pointer finger back up causing the yo-yo to go backwards into the back string. Immediately start to lower it as soon as it hits the string, which will cause it to start bounching forward. After repeating steps 2 and 3 for a good few times, drop the yo-yo back onto the string and end in a simple Braintwister dismount.

Gyroscopic Flop-

Start with a strong Sleeper. It is important to have the yo-yo spinning fast and straight for this trick.
It is recommended that you learn Plastic Whip for this first mount. As seen in the video the string is layed over your thumb just as if you were going to perform a plastic whip, but instead do it in midair, while holding the yo-yo up with your non-throwhand.
Once the string has been whipped onto the yo-yo grip it hard with all four fingers of your throwhand. Pull in towards your self and just a little towards your non-throwhand side. The yo-yo will rotate in a circle. Try and keep the string dead center in the gap, while slightly moving the string with it as it spins.
To dismount is a little different. You can actually use the spin of the yo-yo for this. As you finish the trick, look straight down into the gap of the yo-yo to see where the string is. Pull the throwhand with string towards the side of the yo-yo that it is on. The spin of the yo-yo pulls the yo-yo right out of the mount and you can then return it to your hand.
Note: You can also count how many times the yo-yo went around to figure out which side to pull the string. If it went around an even amount of half turns then you can safely pull towards your throwhand side to dismount.

Hope this helped!

1 Like

i will get back in an hour when i finish reading…lol thanks!!!

have you watched the Ian Poh(duncan tuts) tuts for gyro flop?

it show everything you need to know for boing e-boing…

Just make sure every string is in a line so that the yo-yo wont bounce out

for gyro flop…when pulling the string, dun let the string touches side of the yo-yo …just pull the bearing …there another way to do flop …if you know do slack houdini ( or 1st part of kamikaze) …then pop the yo-yo down the back and then pull~~

A really easy and effective way to do gyroscopic flop is from a trapeze. Do a trapeze, and curl your non throwhand index (the one holding the loop) towards your body, so there is a twist in the string. You then pull on the string that is closest to your throwhand. It will flop!
Hope I helped! ;D