Two Qestions, one for Looping yo-yos and one for string trick yo-yo.

Hey everybody,
I was just wondering if you guys and ladies could help me with a few things. The first thing I was wanting to ask is, “Is the recess in the Duncan Metal Drifter deep enough for flowable silicone?”, and my other question is, “What would be a good looping yo-yo for a beginner looper, that does not have friction stickers?”. I really like the look of the YoYoJam Sunset Trajectory, but I did not know if the is what everybody would suggest for a complete beginner two handed looper.

Sunsets will make you happy. So ahead and get some sunsets.
As for the metal drifter… if you’re looking for an all metal I would wait til you have the money to buy a quality one. For the price, I see no reason why you would not pick up a nice plastic like the Kickside, Lyn Fury, Velocity or Speedmaker. They’re a nicer price, and will accept Silicone. Celcon is also an unbelievably durable material as you probably know from your favorite yoyos list and I doubt you will break them, ever. If my any chance you do manage to break one, it won’t be before you have the money for a quality metal. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you have metals already and just want to try out the Drifter then sure, go ahead. I won’t recommend it as a first metal though.

I like the yomega raider ex for looping.
They come with 4 extra sets of spacers, all are smaller than stock.
The thinnest spacers (red) make the yoyo VERY responsive, so I’m sure you will be able to set them up to be as responsive as you’d like.

Thank you for your help everybody,
I am getting two Sunsets, but I have a few questions, “Doesn’t the Plastic Grind Machine take flowable silicone?”, “Is the PGM a durable yo-yo?”. Sorry for all the questions, but it is just that I want a 1A yo-yo that has a totally different feel to it.
Thank you in advance.
Keb
(Modified)

Yes.
Yes.

Thank you for your help, but I did not get the PGM, I got two Strunset Trajectorys, a Journey (for work), a Northstar (I like the weight and look of it.), and a Duncan Bearing Kit (need some bearings).

Thanks,
Keb

the plastic grind machine is extremely durable.