Turning point - Alnilam

Yoyos from Turning Point are quiet expensive, so I usually find some reviews from the internet even I know yoyo from tp never disappoints you

However I believe takeshi matsuura’s signature yoyos are the best yoyos in turning point, so I just have it in my mind and bought it as soon as I can afford.

To be honest, I thought I would not use this yoyo often after first throw

Because compared with Aluminium, Magnesium feels more like a luxourious plastic which could feel kinda weird.

Moreover, Alnilam is a bimetal yoyo with huge stainless steel rim which makes first throw more awkward than any other high-end yoyo does.

With this weird feeling, mg yoyos are expensive which make me scared to play.

But when I used it during 2 hours, I didn’t regret what I have bought.

Compared with another takeshi’s signature-colony, Alnilam has almost same weight and same size.

But due to characteristics of MG which is lighter than 6061, rim of alnilam has more weight than colony.

It means you could feel much more power than colony does - even I felt more power than any other takeshi’s signature including hinemosu and mustang.

And the rim reduces MG’s floaty feelings which I liked about mgss yoyo

So you might think that it is lighter than under 64g after first throw though it is over 66g yoyo, but SS will give you another level of stability which MG monometal could not give it to you.

And the appearance - you could’nt help but buy it after watch this fascinating fusion of SS rim and white MG

When you could afford it, I highly recommend to buy one - which can be turning point for the next generation yoyos.

14 Likes

Thank you for the review and welcome to the forum!! What part of the world are you from?

I do not own any Mg yoyos but have plenty of bi-metal. Maybe this will be my first TP too.

5 Likes

I do not own many yoyos, but I like yoyos from TP and YJ so I buy those yoyos no matter how it costs - especially when it is signature of Takeshi.

Also alnilam is my first MG yoyo too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for the review and welcome. Can’t help notice you have giant ducks where you are :grin:

5 Likes

Haha!! How did I miss that?

2 Likes

Duck yeah

2 Likes

My Alnilam is one of my favorite throws, honestly like it enough to have a 3rd one :joy::ok_hand: welcome to the fourms though! :blush::clap:

5 Likes

3 Alnilam seems to be insane XD

1 Like

3 Alnilams is not insane…

4 Alnilams would be insane…

3 Alnilams is just slightly Krazy…