A very subjective tier about yoyos I've used

Outdated, so I’ll write again because I couldn’t delete the topic :frowning:

7 Likes

Colony - Turning Point

Based on Takeshi’s previous signature, palpitation, it has slightly changed its design to distribute weight closer to Anubis, and eventually almost every Takeshi’s signatures have followed colony’s line since colony came out.

Simple but still fulfill every factors that you couldn’t believe this yoyo is designed over 6 years before, the biggest problem what I felt was it is not very fun to throw.

Overall since still good to use it but not much fun to throw, I put it in B tier

Weight:Slightly above than average
Speed:3/5, as the weight is about 66g over, it is not so speedy like 64g or under
Control:4/5
Power:3/5, almost every yoyos from tp hide its true power, so maybe you couldn’t think this is powerful enough to do long tricks
Stability:4/5
Onstring:3.5/5, not so long but enough long to do some long tricks
Feeling:2/5
Price:2/5

3 Likes

St.Elmo - Turning Point

In description St.elmo is a monometal version of Palpitation but as I said in simple review of colony, I would say this is Colony’s Aluminium monometal version.

So like colony, this would be a very boring throw… right?
However, what I found was the throw is not boring afterall.
And St.elmo is basically monometal which means the perfromance is not good as bimetal yoyo does, but still very good yoyo
To be honest, I think this is one of the best aluminium monometals you could afford, and I have doubt that does any monometals made of Al could perform better than St.elmo

Weight:Average, since I think the average yoyo’s weight is between 65~66g
Speed:4/5
Control:4/5
Power:1.5/5
Stability:3.5/5
Onstring:3/5
Feeling:4/5
Price:3.5/5, little expensive but regarding this yoyo is made from tp, I think it is very affordable price

4 Likes

MSG - Turning Point

Unlike it is based yoyo, the BGM which I’ll write later, MSG is a heavyweight yoyo with immensive power and stability.
This is literally everything of MSG - as the description, MSG’s power is one of the most powerful that you could afford.

However it is tp’s yoyo so you could feel lightness of nonsence, the weight of it resists yoyo’s movement which means it is really hard to do speedy tricks.

Weight:70g, more to say?
Speed:1.5/5
Control:3/5
Power:5/5
Stability:5/5
Onstring:4.5/5
Feeling:3.5/5
Price:3/5

4 Likes

Hinemosu - Turning Point

With huge titanium rim Hinemosu has solved almost every problem colony had.
Even being heavier Hinemosu feels really comfortable and light when you control, reminding why the name is ‘all day’ in japanese.
And thanks to its huge rim, it also has long onstring time and stability than colony has.

This was one of my favorite yoyos and favorite tps, so when you need slightly heavy yoyos that could be used in everywhere, I sincerey recommend this masterpiece.

Weight:Over average
Speed:4/5
Control:5/5
Power:3/5
Stability:4.5/5
Onstring:4.5/5
Feeling:4/5
Price:3/5

5 Likes

Which do you prefer between the hinemosu and aster?

Im not sure which one to get

For me, I prefer Hinemosu becasue of ASTer is little excessive for its weight and price to offer
However I liked them both, so no matter what you would buy, you would be satisfied when you like heavy ones :slight_smile: