Trouble with spin?

Alright, so I’m a bit confused and don’t know whats going on ??? I’ve been playing a lot with my buddy’s YYJ Atmosphere, and it works great! But, I put silicone in it because the pads wore out, and now all of the throws feel … soft? I guess? I don’t know how to describe it. It feels like there is friction between the bearing and something else. I’ve tried cleaning out where the bearing sits, cleaning the bearing, trying new string, nothing has helped. It also used to be really loud when you threw it, and now it’s fairly quiet. Does anyone know what’s going on here?

Thanks for feedback!

What happens when you throw it down? Does it “slip” or does it still go to the bottom like before?

Still goes to the bottom, but spin time is pretty reduced.

You may have put too much silicone in it. Is the silicone above the Edges of the recess? It sounds to me like you put too much in and the string is possibly rubbing the silicone. Especially if you dont throw a perfectly straight throw. If you take the yoyo apart and hold on half horizontally in front of your face, can you see the sili Protruding above the edges of the recess?

Figured it out. The silicone got in the bearing. Gave the bearing a good cleaning, spins like new. 8)

It won’t after a few hours…