Tropic Spins Official Manufacturer's Thread

China? Lol Jk. There’s someone on the forums who just started anodizing stuff. I don’t remember what his username is but I think u would get good rates with him.

he’s just practicing anodizing at this point though.

So? I think he knows what he’s doing now and he would be a cheaper option.

Not for a run of yoyos.

Did u talk to him about it? U may be suprised.

I want someone different doing it. I cant risk anything right now.

Makes sense. Good luck on ur search!

Gruntbull.
Yeah. Blasts and stuff.

I think he charges like 1/5 of all the yoyos though, or that may be Aman.

What do you mean?

Grunbull, Appleton, England1414 here on the forums. Not sure if MFD does there own but if they do or whoever does that’s who I’d go with.

1 Like

Got my Capricorn today ;D It’s really nice, the look and play reminds me of the Sleipnir, probably the best technical yoyo in my arsenal, and Lunar Wind, my personal favorite yoyo.

Great job guys, I’ll have a full review up in a week or two :slight_smile:

Capricorn is indeed a great yoyo. That’s the only reason why I kept on doing 3A with Capricorns until this moment. They’re just too wide for 3A though. I tried to prove myself wrong, but they would invade each other’s space and bang into each other. I tried and give themselves their own personal space, but then they can’t land on the string straight. Not a 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock, but a 2:30 and 9:30. That probably wasn’t a good explanation, but you guys who do 3A may understand what I’m talking about.

So people with the highest offers can get a used one from me. I hate to part with them because they’re really awesome, but they are too wide for 3A. The yoyos I have are 40mm to 42.8mm wide.

When developing the Capricorn, we wanted a yoyo that was beast for 1a. We didn’t really take 3a into consideration, and I can understand how it may not work for 3a as much. It is really more of a 1a yoyo. Maybe down the line we’ll make a yoyo with incredible 3a playability ;).

It seems like it has the qualities of a great 3a yoyo. It claims to be 43mm, but Im almost positive its 44.5-45.5mm. Its.noticeably wider than my LW which is 43 and is about the same width as my Cascade at 45mm. But I didnt even need to compare toknow, it already feels that wide in the hand. But I play 1a and I love the extra width

Sorry you can’t do 3a :frowning:

Not that you can’t do 3A. You just need to work your way around to not invade their own personal space. I’ve been playing with Capricorns for a week now and I’m about 80% adapt to them now. Just need few more days to fully adapt to them.

Is it the same with Yeti’s and Puffin’s?

I don’t have Yetti or Puffin so I can only speak from my experience. I would say yes with Puffin. It might be a little more accommodating than Capricorn for 3A. Puffin is thinner and has just a little bit smaller diameter than Capricorn. I would say nay for Yeti 3A. Its rather larger diameter and width aren’t usually suitable for 3A.

I WANT ONE… :o