Tricks you thought were hard

Double or Nothing.

I thought Kwyjibo looked pretty insane a while ago and now I can do it kind of consistently. The hardest part of learning a trick is doing it fast AND consistent.

I learned to yo pre internet so trapeze was a huge celebration on my red Duncan Imperial! Iā€™ll never forget that moment. I didnā€™t even know the trick had a name, I had just seen it done on television. One of the most valued moments I remember in yoyoing as it really got me excited to do more.

You can laugh if you want, I still was stoked that day.

1 Like

Why would we laugh? Thatā€™s an awesome thing, man. I remember being really proud of myself for hitting a couple of Eli Hops on an imperial this summerā€¦ Feels good on a yoyo like that.

Pre-internet or not, landing eli hops or a trapeze or better on an Imperial, I am impressed! I landed trapeze and double or nothing on my Unleashed and Fireball

any trick that I canā€™t land

over under boingy boing.The trick itself didnā€™t seem difficult but i couldnā€™t understand how it is done.By the time i watched the tutorial by yoyonation i did it in five minutes though 8)

There are kinda land mark tricks IMOā€¦ Like at one point I looked up at the matrix, I celebrated when I landed kwijibo, fell apart to make spirit bomb fall togetherā€¦ And now I look down on ladder escape and the rest of the master section, and am working on my own tricks and free styles

I thought making up my own combos/tricks was hard, but the more I do it, the better I get.

I always was like yuuki slack whuuuuuut??? Tried and tried. Then I got a canvas and hamstring. Whaaalaaahh! Thank you ham/clyw. No joke. I still am like whuuuut to: Spirit bomb. I can do like Ladder Escape, plan D, haddockā€¦ Not spirit bomb. I have the first 2 steps DOWN PERFECT. I just cannot get that last pop into that triangle. Oh yea seasick I really wish I could but donā€™t care that I canā€™t do it as I know with practice I could but I would rather learn other stuff. ;D Tyler Severwhatever cant even do it.

You beat me to it. Nothing since has taken as much time or effort as landing that first trapeze. I remember just watching that Cherry Bomb slack-jawed, as it sat there spinning until it died and fell off the string. That moment is why Iā€™m still hereā€¦

1 Like

For me it was when my dad taught me to throw old-school tricks on a cheap wooden yoyo I found when I was about 8 or so, I wouldnā€™t pick it back up for years, but since then, I have always been very interested in yoyos.

I finally got ā€œThe Zipperā€ Down!

Nice! That was a hard one for me.

i am trying to learn hidamasa hook

I used to think leg orbits were really hard

Circular eli hops!

Kwijibo and yukki slack. Now two of my favorites.

For me, this. I STILL canā€™t loop consistently, and Iā€™ve been throwing on and off for 20 years. Looping just doesnā€™t appeal to me so Iā€™ve never put the time in to actually master it.

On a brighter note, I just got the hang of brent stole after 3 days of trying. First whip trick Iā€™ve gotten down, so kinda psyched. For a while there I started thinking it just wasnā€™t gonna happen, but finally clicked. whew!

Congrats!!!

Spirit Bomb was the trick for me. I just got that not too long ago and im doing every day, almost all day lol.

1 Like