Tricks that make you "happy"

Tough one. I have been so busy that just throwing a yoyo makes me happy. My favorite though is landing white buddha or brent stole atm.

Kwijibo.

It’ll be in a compiliation (end of the year video) I’m making in a few weeks. keep a look out!

Neck wraps, whips, and horizontals.

Watching my neice now throw her first sleepers on her Boomerang was extremely pleasing to see. I handed her a Mosquito to try out and she was getting decent sleepers and able to tug it back up. Hopefully she will stick with it!

Jade whip. Such a elegant and smooth looking trick. But skin the gerbil is awesome too because skin the gerbil to jade whip looks sweet

Hidemasa Hook
Finger Grind to Ninja Vanish
Follow
Revolutions
And this awesome thing that Jason Lee does at 2:19 - 2:22 in this video:

have to say hidemasa hook as well, and whats that rejection that Lee is doing from 1:00-1:15? its like a rejection into wrist mount-looks sick, I wanna learn that!

Cheers,

~Chris Severson

It’s actually pretty simple (and the only trick from this video that I’ve been able to fully figure out lol), though not actually a rejection.

What you do is throw a trapeze and then wrap the string around your throwhand, kind of like a magic drop position, but with your whole hand instead of just your index and thumb.

Then, dismount from the trapeze with the string going over your middle finger and come up towards the bottom of the string as if you were getting ready to bind. When it hits the string from underneath, instead of letting it wrap around your middle finger like setting up for a bind, bring your throwhand around and catch the yoyo on the string and continue following through with that somersault motion until the yoyo reaches a neutral position at the bottom of the string. When doing the somersault, the yoyo should go on the inside of your arms, just like the one in Skin the Gerbil.

Take your throwhand (with the string still wrapped around the hand) out from being wrapped around the bearing and then the yoyo should just be hanging over your non throwhand middle finger.

This is the cool part. What you have to do with your non throwhand middle finger is flick the string in an upward direction and away from your throwhand while pulling the middle finger off of the string completely. This will pop the yoyo up to about waist/chest level while letting that slack formation set itself up.

If you do the flick correctly, you should see that string that you wrapped around your throwhand open up a bit. What you want to do is aim the yoyo to go through that newly opened loop and if all goes well it should land on the string below which puts you right in a wrist mount!

Do a classic dismount and repeat until you can’t repeat anymore!

Man, I sure hope that made sense…

Matrix is very satisfying to me :slight_smile:

Suicide makes me happy… ::slight_smile:

The trick of course

Almost any repeater trick. This is one that I enjoy doing while waiting in line for things:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL75Ms7xb2A

Also, my son does one where he goes into trapeze, pulls open the loop, sticks his head through it and goes ‘BLEEEAAAAAAAHHHH!’ He calls it ‘Death’. That one makes me smile.

I also like fun, simple tricks that look interesting or funny like Gondola or Milk the Cat.

Eli hops, buddahs revenge, matrix…

yah, hook is such a simple trick yet it never fails to makes me happy lol ;D

Yuuki Slack and Revolutions are two of my favs.

I also am known to do about 30 (or whenever my yoyo dies) Spirit bombs in a row.

Favorite trick ever.

Double dice stuff makes me happy, it’s so hard to come up with a DD trick as there are no resources whatsoever about DD on the internet (only a few vids, most of em done by VERY good DD players, so hard to break down)

it makes me happy because I know, even tho I’m a beginner, it’ll impress much more skilled players.

it’s good for my ego 8)