Trick/Combo w/ Every Throw

I’m bookending my collection/trick posts here with my Hades. This is blue and silver Hades. Love this Yoyo lol I learned this neck laceration trick like last week but I don’t think I posted it on the forums so here it is hah! Goofy trick!

8 Likes

I made this thread really premature the first time I feel like. 1, I had only been throwing for a couple months again and my trick vocabulary was extremely limited. And 2, naturally not a lot of people on here knew who I was and were probably like why is this dude making a trick thread lol, so maybe a few more will join in now

3 Likes

Just another basic comfort 5A trick. Using my other Magnolia. This one doesn’t play as well because it’s not pale pink, but I still like it more than all my other yoyos.

8 Likes

I figure I should do a trick by the players whose sig I’m using. Here is a Waya trick I learned today with ASTer. Prolly the easiest Waya trick too tbh lol

8 Likes

Hydrangea Quercus. It’s lighter, it’s faster, it’s less rimweighted. If I’m not trying to do as stressful of tricks or if I just want something lighter and easier to move around, this is what I reach for over my Magnolia. I don’t really mind having less spin to work with if I’m just trying to film a trick and binding every time I flub it up. I think I prefer the shape of this over the Magnolia as far as hand feel is concerned. It’s a bit less pronounced of a curve from the response to outer rim, so it just feels more rounded and comfier despite the cut. If Magnolia is performance, Quercus is comfort.

This is also best yoyo colorway, and this gets a boost in all yoyo stats because of it.

8 Likes

Aye aye fixed axle Friday day!
Here is a stall rollercoaster trick with my Pink Gnomad. Definitely my best performing fixed axle Yoyo. The large diameter is nice and I like that it has a bit more heft than any of my other fixies…I also love this bright pink color!

8 Likes

pink yoyos just play better, that’s yoyo design 101

1 Like

This trick is fun. It’s also about the extent of my fixed axle ability lol

Hydrangea Aquilegia. Never yoyo before coffee, the Aquilegia isn’t the best choice for super sloppy and uncontrolled play like I’m doing now LOL.

This yoyo is noticeably harder control compared to what I’m used to, since I’m used to a much heavier feeling and slower playing yoyo (Magnolia). It’s aggressively zippy feeling, and the light and easy acceleration makes it feel so fun for frequent redirects and just yoinking the yoyo around. That does come at the expense of ease of control though, it’s easy to put too much force on the yoyo and blast it in a direction way faster than you were expecting. The spin time is phenomenal however, it plays and feels like an ultra Quercus (it has a near identical profile (both of these yoyos are based off the Laurus)).

I think this is my second favorite yoyo I own, behind the Magnolia.

7 Likes

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, Mable and I do little reviews of each yoyo we’re using in this thread. So everyone else has to do that too. Jk

3 Likes

It’s fun! I like really thinking about what tricks I enjoy doing on what yoyos, what styles I like doing with specific yoyos, and thinking about why I own these specific yoyos instead of any other random modern unresponsive yoyo.

There’s thousands of yoyos to choose from, so what’s making you pick up certain yoyos to play? Or what do you dislike about yoyos in your collection that are gonna have them sent to the shadow realm (BST).

1 Like

Exactly my thinking too! And now having yo-yoed pretty much every day for over a year and experimenting with more than 4-5 throws, I feel like I can at least describe a yo-yo a little better now rather than just saying “it’s smooth, it spins a really long time, pretty stable” lol

3 Likes

Dynames by MK1 for today. It gets a minimal stat buff for being partially pink. This is one of my favorite mono metals and I definitely wanted to do a thumb grind with it bc it’s the best Yoyo I have at thumb grinds. I also did a little roll off the back to spirit bomb before bc I didn’t wanna juuuuuust do a thumb grind. It’s a good Yoyo, stable and spins a long time lol for real tho always has a bit more spin left than I think it does which is always nice.

8 Likes

Hydrangea Lisianthus

It’s a heavy steel quercus and I wish it was heavier. It doesn’t have much of rimweighted feeling to it, but it plays great. I think if they made this even heavier and put all the extra weight in the rims it’d be something really special. As is it’s a great yoyo, but I can’t help but feel like it could be even more. Despite not having a weighty on a presence on the string, with the total weight just being so high it sorta surprises you with how much force you need to use to move it around. I don’t love it for 5A, but I do enjoy it quite a bit for 1A. This yoyo has gotten the majority of my 1A playtime this year. Despite that here’s another 5A trick with it LOL.

Last year @YoYoMa1 had to request for me to post 5A, and a year later all I’m posting is 5A tricks and I still have so many more I could share.

8 Likes

Turning Point Entangles

I’m a complete 3A noob so these are good enough for me. I kinda feel like I’d prefer a bimetal pair or something a bit more stable/longer spinning just to make learning stuff a bit more forgiving. But these are more than good enough for now, I just need to practice more.

11 Likes

She improvin quick :fire:

It’s alright, no need to rush. The quest for a 2nd hades will come after you get the 1st one :grin:

4 Likes

Japan Technology Shaqshine

The only bimetal I currently have. I’m dumb and haven’t really felt much desire to play bimetals until trying out 3A. I feel like the performance I get from yoyos like this is so excessive beyond what I need or want. This combo needs some more time in the oven, but this yoyo resists tilt enough that I can play super poorly and still land stuff on it. This yoyo’s rims consist of two steel rims sandwiching 0.4mm of 6061 AL, so the rims on this are almost entirely made of steel. It feels like a lead weight on the end of your string, but it’s kind of fun in a way to throw a yoyo that feels this powerful.

10 Likes

Yooo Wild Canyon!! “Echidna that’s what I’m representing, never seen a mic hog spit like a menace.”

Straight heat.

Edit: wait I lied that’s Aquatic mine!! That’s even better!! Sorry love that Sonic Adventure 2 OST.

2 Likes

Here is a trick with Tachyon (most of it I stole from @EOS44 )! I love this Yoyo! It’s ridiculously light and super super stable still. Easy to do whatever I want with it. Having so much weight in the rims gives it plenty of presence on the string so it’s not so light it’s hard to control. Easy to move fast, easy to move slow. Just a fantastic Yoyo and a great pairing with big old Hades. Tossing them back to back helps keep me balanced. Just a really fun Yoyo! Yoyofriends crushed it with this one!

9 Likes

CLYW Glacier Express

This yoyo is kinda stinky but I got it fairly early into my yoyo journey so idc if it’s sorta hard to use and makes playing more frustrating than fun, I still like it LOL. It also just looks super cool. I pretty much never play this, but it’d be really hard for me to want to part with it. Playing yoyos like this makes me gravitate towards doing older and less stressful tricks, so here’s an oldschool 5A type combo.

And with this I’ve posted a trick with every unresponsive yoyo in my collection. I was hoping it’d be more than just me and Henry posting, but I had fun revisiting this. Sharing tricks is way more fun than just sharing pictures of yoyos. Every yoyo may as well be exactly the same if you’re just looking at a picture of them tbh.

Here’s all the setups I used together

10 Likes