Cool trick suggestion, and motivation

Hey, I want to know if you guys know of a cool trick (1A) I could learn! I think I am a intermediate player if that helps. Also I have not been yoyoing as much lately, I don’t know why. I think it is because I have hit the point that I mastered all of the beginner tricks and now the tricks have a jump in difficulty. So I would appreciate if you guys could give me a little encouragement. :smiley: Last, Is there any offstring yoyos that are under $30 that you think are good?

Thanks, MJ

2 Likes

Off string. Good is subjective. I like the flight because it’s cheap and durable and I suck so it mostly sees the ground allot. No need to get a nice yoyo just to smash it into the ground over and over.

2 Likes

Branding has kinda been my gateway into harder tricks along with attempting to learn the Yuuki slack. I would actually suggest the latter trick as it uses a bunch of simple elements but just expounds upon them

4 Likes

Thanks! I will try to learn them!

I was looking at the flight and I was going to buy it but as of 2 days ago it is out of stock…so I will be waiting for if to be back.

I got mine off of BST for dirt cheap you could post a looking for thread see if anyone has a cheap off string yoyo they are willing to part with. It’s not like the yoyo won’t get dinged a few dozen times anyway.

1 Like

Thanks! I am going to do that!

1 Like

Imma plug trick a week bc I really like it and like seeing more and more people joining the party.

This week is white Buddha which is a classic trick and super cool. Also you can check out past weeks tricks as well until you find something that looks fun to learn.

6 Likes

both of these are great suggestions

3 Likes

this is also a great suggestion =]

2 Likes

I would definitely recommend the Yotricks Spire! it’s one of the best budget offstring throws out there and it doesn’t skip out on performance whatsoever.

The spire is a fantastic offstring throw at a very affordable price! The spire is a collab between yotricks and iyoyo but it’s Mostly based off of the iyoyo icebreaker. It’s machined plastic which makes it a very smooth yoyo, both to the touch and in play.

It has an excellent amount of width which makes it a little easier to land whips and slacks. It feels very floaty as well so it’s a floaty yet powerful yoyo at the same time. It even has a nice fingerspin area too!

Overall I think you should totally check it out! It’s definitely worth that extra three dollars so for $33 bucks it’s an absolute steal. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks!! I will check it out!

1 Like

sorry, can you tell me what “BST” is?

No worries friend. I work with military folk allot so acronyms come naturally for me but here you go.

Buy, sell, trade

It’s a category in the forum but there are also groups on discord, Facebook, Reddit, etc that people post stuff they are selling or looking for. I imagine if you posted an LF (looking for) thread under the buy dell trade category someone probably has a beat up off string they never use and are willing to sell you if your fine with sone pre damage.

1 Like

Thanks!! I will probably be posting a thread on that! Thanks again. I also don’t care how damaged the yoyo is so that will be great!