Trick/Combo w/ Every Throw

I promise I’m working on it , last couple weeks have been busy :weary::joy: I revived this and literally haven’t posted once lmao. Wish more people posted too but Im stoked the TaW thread has gotten a few more involved recently

6 Likes

Hey, I’m glad you revived it. I feel like I’ve improved so much over the past year.

It’s especially funny having gone from having so few 5A tricks I could barely post a single video, to now having so many I feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface of my current 5A trick library.

5 Likes

Ah yes. The CLYW Glacier Express. The $150 6061 monometal, I remember it well :joy:

3 Likes

I remember back in the late 2000’s and early 2010s when most goodish monos were $100+, and just being so surprised coming back last year and seeing so many be affordable and well rounded lol

China :on: :top: :rofl:

1 Like

2011 hit different.

“yo lets make a yoyo shaped like the I beams that make up railway tracks”
“why tho?”
“who cares just do it”
releases $150 6061 mono that’s kinda stinky

1 Like

Andy don’t even start lmao

1 Like

Oh man I feel ya there with just all tricks and such haha. I started this thread way too premature in my yoyo journey, but at the same time I’m kinda glad I did because I get to see my improvement over a years time

2 Likes

I’m also working on it… got the tripod out and did some test vids and just haven’t gotten around to doing what I actually want to do here with being so exhausted all the time… yada yada… I’ll post something up in here soon lol

3 Likes

Magic Yoyo n11’s . I got these when I meant to get n12s to learn 3a with. Oooops minor dyslexic moment! Tbh tho, they’re totally fine to learn 3a with and plenty good yo-yos. The only annoying part is that you need to learn to catch them differently or you’ll knock out the little O-ring and that is annoying. Even so, it wasn’t very hard for me to adjust to catching them in a safe way. Would I recommend them? No. Are they so bad I feel like I wasted my money and need to get new yo-yos to learn 3a with? No way.

Also @LeftyThrower24 and @Shapapy —y’all need to post some tricks up in here and join me bc now that mable finished the collection, I feel dumb doing this by myself…prolly will just stop soon if it’s just meeeeee :pleading_face:

8 Likes

I swear I’ve got something planned for tomorrow lol :saluting_face:

4 Likes

Freestyling with the Recess Komodo

I really love this yoyo. It was one I got pretty early on and always stays in the rotation. Really chill and fun yoyo. I got it on sale at YYE for $35, I think. It’s blasted 7075 and It felt like chalkboard when I first got it. Went through some cut strings but once I got past that and had some long sessions, it became an all-time favorite. Plus, Tyler and Ahmad are awesome, so there’s that.

8 Likes

Wow I saw your 5a clips and you’ve improved a lot at 5a. Tomorrow is the German national yoyo contest and if you had a 3 minute routine of tricks like this I’d bet you win there.

5 Likes

Improved a lot at 3a too :fire:

4 Likes

Thank you! I’m a kind of slow learner and juggle yoyo with lots of other hobbies I have, but I plan on continuing to slowly but surely keep improving at yoyo. It feels good seeing tangible progress even when it does take me a while to get there.

3 Likes

Let’s kick this baby off with some sloppy 5a and the Plastic Peak. Idk what makes this a fun 5a yoyo but it is. Either way it’s pretty floaty, but it really has some decent stability for its high walled design. It’s just really run and enjoyable, definitely recommended.

8 Likes

One Drop Reboot. My favorite mono at the moment, which is hilarious because when I made this thread I was all about heavier yo-yos. The Reboot being 63.5ish grams with Ultra Light SEs is obviously not heavy, it’s a pretty zippy little guy while not feeling overly light being 7075. It’s not super small by any means, imo it’s perfectly undersized. It’s very comfy in the hand for me and I was shocked with how well I gelled with this yoyo right away. It was supposed to just be a fun change of pace and now like I said it’s one of my favorites.

The trick is Lumios Tower by Ann Connolly. I actually just learned this the other day and am still working on the dismount, but it’s still super fun to hit the tower.

6 Likes