Trapeze

Hey when your learning the trapeze try first to not spin the yoyo and just let it hang and then try 5 times to do it not spinning and just try to hit the string and then try it when the yoyo is spinning

I am sorry, but that sound like a horrible way to learn trapeze IMO. makes it next to impossible. Not totally impossible though, considering I can land brent stole on a dead yoyo.

1 Like

I’d say just practice slowly, and take your time with it. don’t try to force it. Let it happen naturally, and focus more on getting a good breakaway parallel to your body.

Although I probably shouldn’t be giving advice yet. I haven’t even started back up again.

yes good way

First of all, you want a nice, strong breakaway. After that, you want to get a really good swinging motion. When the string is almost directly horizontal, it’s not dipping down or up, put your finger on top of the string as close as possible to the yoyo. The yoyo should land on the string. With some practice, you’ll get it on there every time!

I dont have a ton of experience yet but I would like to think I have the trapeze mastered, and this seems like a terrible way to learn. Granted it will help to get the motion but it would be rather difficult to get it planted on the string without the yoyo spinning, not impossible, but I think it would be more difficult. Dont get me wrong, like I said it helps with the motions, I learned plastic wrap with a dead yo just for the motion, but it was damn near impossible to land it on the sting dead…just my $0.02

IMO this is the best way to learn it.

I agree.

I also find pulling my hands apart helps land that yoyo on the string. The less room one gives that yoyo to go, the more likely the odds are for it to land on the string.

First, a good stable and properly oriented break-away that’s straight.
Second, placement of hands relative to each other regarding front/back orientation.
Third, don’t give the yoyo too much string on the other side of your non-throw hand index finger or whatever finger you’re sticking out.
Fourth, practice, practice, practice.