Help with trapeze

Could someone plz tell or show me the easiest way to do a trapeze. Dont make fun of me cause I cant do a trapeze. K.

HAHAHA, look at the loser that can’t get a trapeze!! :stuck_out_tongue: Just kidding, here ya go:

Start with a dead yoyo, practice swinging it up and hitting-not landiing it- on the string. As you consistently hit the string, begin to start it with a spinning yoyo. What really helped me when I was a young Whippersnapper (Like 4 months ago lol) was to have my finger about half way down the string as the yoyo came up, and when it began to swing over my finger, move it to my left (to the Right if you are a lefty), closer to the yoyo.

And we wont make fun of you. We might kid, but we won’t make fun of you.

1 Like

practice throwing a really straight breakaway right over your finger no slant if there is then it will miss the string.

thats what i did way back when (way longer than 4 months ago. lol!). It works. After a while, you wont have to do it this way and you’ll just be able to catch it on the string by the yo’s own momentum.

i used to have the same problem ( and sometimes when i get distracted i still do) what really helped me was to practice my breakaway, trying to get it straight AT LEAST 7 out of 10 times (this will make it easier to land on the string). once i was comfortable with that i would start to lightly slide my freehand index finger down the string as my breakaway swung toward my freehand side. you’ll notice this causes the yo-yo to swing over your freehand index. if your throw is straight the yo-yo will land in trapeze all on its own. This will probably take a couple of trys to pull off the first time. but it will get much easier and more comfortable.

Thanks for all your help guys now I can do a trapeze really well. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not a problem, pass on that knowqledge to anyone else who asks about the Trapeze!

[quote=“Q,post:2,topic:13649”]

Start with a dead yoyo, practice swinging it up and hitting-not landiing it- on the string.

Dude, if u start wif a dead yoyo, the yoyo will spin. i started out by throwing a straight break away, then let it spin. push ur index finger on the single string hanging. keep doing that and you’ll be able to do it in a single motion.