trapeze

I can’t get a straight breakaway!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :o :o :o :o :o ??? ??? ???

Neither could I. But I got it eventually, it just took practice. I know that’s what everyone says, but after a while I just got better. You’ll get it :wink:

Yah… my friend had the same problem. Practice just the breakaway alone until you get it straight. Then try to hit the trapeze. You might want to try standing against a wall and throwing. What i did, was put my arm so i was in posistion to throw a gravity pull, then i turned my body so i was parralell with my arm. Then threw. After doing this a while, the breakaway didn’t feel so akward to throw and was easier to practice.

I had the same problem. I don’t know if it’s the same for you but I was hitting in on the ground most of the time. If that’s the case just shorten your string. If not just do what they said. Practice makes perfect. :slight_smile:

Can you throw a straight sleeper?

And what exactly about your breakaway isn’t straight? Is the yo-yo tilted? Or is the yo-yo straight but the string ends up at an angle?

yeah practice the breakaway, you have to have a very solid break away to do a lot of tricks, practice makes perfect I’ve noticed that people throw it differently so find what works for you.

i remember when i was practicing trapeze my problem was that i was using a speed beetle :-\ lol.

Using a Speed Beetle to practice trapeze is actually a good thing! It’s not a problem at all.

Before unresponsive yo-yos, what do you think people learned on? When I first learned to yo-yo over 12 years ago, I learned trapeze on a Duncan Imperial and tricks like braintwister and split the atom on yo-yos like the Fireball. Learning trapeze on an imperial or modified shape yo-yo just makes your accuracy improve a lot!

I tried learning trapeze on a raider, but I got so frustrated that I gave up and bought a journey.

QFT

I also started out with a Speed Beetle. To be honest, I hated it, but it did help me learn to become a better player. That was over a year ago, and now I can do stuff like Gyroscopic Flop and Eli Hops on a Speed Beetle. ::slight_smile:

Dude I could not get it either when I first started but it just took practice. P.S. Try an around the world then turn your body to face the yoyo. Good luck.

Go up against a wall and throw a breakaway im sure someone said this
also practice makes perfect

I cant do Breakaway too.Try with normal Sleeper.

JUST PRATICE, It took me forever to have a decent breakaway, my breakaways still aren’t perfect…

Really the only way to perfect your trapeze/breakaway throws is to practice a LOT.
Find a way that is comfortable for you to throw with great accuracy (completely straight so you can land it on the string a bit easier.)

I’m just learning trapeze myself and I find that I only get better by doing it over and over and over and over and over again …

Ugh I know me to. I’ve just recently got my breakaways nice and striaght. It took me a couple of hours of constant throws but they finally got straight. Keep practicing and they will go striaght.

when landing it on the string aim it at ur throwing hand and of course it is not long enough to hit it so it will land on the string. cut the string if u need to. PRACTICE!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D use a wide yoyo

I just say you need a strong sleeper. I heard people like kids just dont do a strong sleeper for a breakway so it wont be staight and wont snap to your hand. Once you got a strong sleeper you will be likely to get things straight. Just throw a strong normal sideways sleeper for a start and then try doing breakaway and trapeze after you got it right… As everyone says practice makes perfecto! XD

Hope this helps.