Transforming catalyst

I have a limited edition augie fash black with silver splash catalyst can I put hubstacks on its like the new ones simply by getting a longer axle and buying a hub kit?

(kclejeune) #2

Yes. Hubstacks are pretty much universal…

Does yyf make a longer axle that will fit the catalyst

(kclejeune) #4

The stock axle is made to fit it… If you need a replacement YYE has them. It tells you which one. Pretty sure it’s an 8mm axle.

My axle is flush with my yoyos outside there is no spot for hubstacks

(kclejeune) #6

Then you don’t have a hub stacked catalyst hahahaha… The new one is a slightly modified design to use stacks.

I know that I don’t have the new one I am wanting to know if I can mod my old to be like the new

You can probably stack it with a longer axle, but pretty sure you have to force the axle out the side of the yoyo which will damage it a little.

I’m not sure the design of the catalyst completely, but I believe that you would be able to stack it just the same as you would a dv888. There are several tutorials on how to do that out there.
To my understanding, it’s just getting a longer axle, getting the stacks off a pgm, and putting them on the catalyst.

Do note though, that doing it that way, you won’t be able to take it apart without removing one of the stacks.

(kclejeune) #10

You can, but stacks aren’t really beneficial.

according to you…
If he likes stacks, then they are beneficial.