Toxic String's Tension?

hey umm i bought some toxic strings here at YYE ( two packs actually) and well…when i first slapped one into my yo-yo i noticed one thing…this string had a lot of tension in it, i mean i’m not sure why i haven’t even used more than a minute. so i thought maybe it was just a defect so i decided to test another string from the other packet i bought, without putting it on the yo-yo i just held it there in the “u” shape, and straight from the package this string had quite a bit of tension.“well that’s a bit awkward” i thought to myself so i decided to ignore it and continue to play with it because you know maybe the string needed to be broken in…but its been almost a week now and the string has still a bit of tension no matter how much i loosen it or tighten for that matter, i mean its gotten to the point where its difficult to do whipping tricks or slacks at all, like plastic whip, it takes me several tries to even succeed and while with other string like the YYE string i can do it just fine without even thinking at all really. Any who all i’m trying to figure out is if maybe i got some defects or is this how toxic strings are? or do i have to keep playing with them because they’re not broken in yet? i just need a little guidance because i really do wish to enjoy these strings since there has been many good reviews about them

I have not tried toxic strings but a week seems like a long time to break in. I have had string like this too (luckily as a stock string) and it is probobly just twisted too tight.

With that said, if you don’t like it don’t play it, you migh be able to contact yye about a refund but in the end it is not that much money.

they are all hand made and when i make string when i have those moments when i need to order more so im guessing you cant get a string perfect when hand making them. on a side note i tried one on a phenomizm OH EM GEE best whips ever!

i got some for christmas and i found it has alot of tension too.its not that bad for me im am just learning hook and i land it alot i found before you throw unwind your yoyo and put it on a shelf letting the string hang there for a few minutes and that seems to help me

I had the same problem. I didn’t really like them at all. Maybe it’s because I’m just use to using the YYE Poly… not exactly sure. I just sold mine to a friend for 5 bucks

I have Toxic Strings and I LOVE them. The tension on the strings isn’t a huge problem. It took me a little longer then a week to break one in. After they are broken in, they hold tension pretty well. Not as good as HamString or Graou String, but not as bad as unbroken in.

This topic is only 10 days old, so I hope it is not too old. Also, I hope I am not off topic here. I am apologizing in advance.

I got some Toxic Strings the other day. I am not in love with them yet. Can someone tell me if I need to break them in or what to do with them. This topic has covered the tension problems I am having already, so it looks as though I just need to break them in. Will this help? Is there a way to do this other than using them? I ask because they are so slick that 90% of the time I can’t get them to bind. Also, these strings are so slick that the slip knot comes right off my finger during some tricks and the yo-yo flies across the room. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

I would like to add that I am not bad mouthing this product. I am simply having problems as an unexperienced player. They get great reviews so I am sure the problem lies in my not knowing how to fix these problems.

Well after a while they sort of got better though, through play of course; so to answer the one above me…I guess the only thing you can do is play through that phase, they’ll get a little better I suppose. Iv’e actually started to take a liking to them since I was able to adapt to them. Still not my favorite string I guess, but it gets the job done.