Top keeps tilting up

I can only regen about 5-6 times with drum beat. Then, the top starts tilting up. If I get lucky, then I can land one roller coaster and bring it back to my hand. Has anybody encountered this issue?

1 Like

I am not the drum beat expert, but I would guess you are pulling a little to the left (if you are right handed) before you pull up.

After practicing drumbeat at bunch lately, I would guess that your issue would be in how you are pulling the string up.
The tendency is to pull towards the side of your throw hand, which makes you catch the top more to your side than directly in front of you. When you correct the catch and bring the top towards your center, it will make it tilt more vertical each time. Try pulling more straight up, and let the string slip out as slowly as you can control it after the catch.

I already fixed that issue. Managed to do at least a min of joker choker a few months ago. I am moving on to dairy cow and orbits. I managed to learned another regen, but I don’t know the name of this one. Basically, I wrap the string like sewing machine, and the tip is facing away from me. I swing the top in a clockwise position. Is there a name for that trick?

1 Like

Not sure about what that is called, but it sounds pretty interesting. Seems like you are doing great, my learning curve is considerably shallower than that :rofl: