Top 3 Most Abstract Things to Explain

YES!!!

But still, I think number two(on my list) is a little creepier, because you can have the same thought five minutes later… or so you thought…

If this is a dream though, I’m going to be afraid of being pinched… Or maybe by dying you might wake up… Hmmm… Or like varying levels of it. Like a dream within a dream. Like swimming underwater in spongebob, or the end of the chronicles of narnia.

or that we’re all on shutter island

Or there’s someone on another planet thinking the same thing. :wink:

Not to get too off topic; but Gravity can not be easily explained. The explanation that you offer cites only the effect that Gravity has on mass. What the force of Gravity is (the “pull”) - or how it is generated, is a mystery to Science.

Gravity is the bending of spacetime around a object with mass. Since objects always travel along the shortest path, it will “bend” around a object of considerably higher mass, light is even bent this way. An object so heavy it literally punches a hole in “spacetime” is a black hole. Or so theory goes.

So yeah the physical and chemical properties of our universe and theories about it (like String Theory!) are definitely up there.

Hmm I noticed no one has said “boys/men.” Haha.

Morality/religion/absolute truths.

1. Relativity
  2. Mathimatics
  3. Gauses Law

(Dude Women are easy to figure out… Math is hard.)

Other way around for me :stuck_out_tongue:

And we forgot yoyos! :smiley:

Math hard? For me it’s easy… But how is relativity on there?

Why is physics and women/men a cliche on here…

Gravity has no explanation. Current particle physicists are attempting to find the Gravitron. This is the particle that enables gravity. Just as other particles like electrons are what make up electricity or photons for light.

If gravity had an explanation, we would have Grand Unification Theory and it would be a happy land.

1. Explaining the trick: Revolutions to 1 1/2 mount suicide.
  2. Diving
  3. Why it isn’t nerdy to play Pokemon at age 35*

Everything abstract is easy to explain, TELL THE OTHER PERSON TO EXPERIENCE IT! The best way to explain anything.

*Not that i do this

I like this thread. I’ll contribute only one becasue I’m tired and don’t want to explain three…

Time Travel: Okay kids, lets travel three seconds back in time. Not that big of a deal, right? Wrong. In your journey through time, you have remained still in your reference frame. Meanwhile, during those three seconds, the Earth has been rotating under your feet. You’re not where you were “three” seconds ago. But wait, there’s more! The Earth rotates on it’s axis, while rotating around the sun, while the sun rotates inside our galaxy, while our galaxy mingles in our galactic neighborhood which is careening through space! We aren’t even considering the infentismal wobble casued by our moon! Go back three seconds in time and you’ll most likely end up suffocating in space thousands of miles away from earth. It’s not a tough topic to describe why it WOULDN’T work, but it is hard to think about how we could make it work. And that’s why it WON’T work.

How egypt turned off the internet

1. Quantum physics/mechanics

2. What happens after you get sucked up by a black hole

3. synthetic/organic cellular configurations and composition.
    ???

Humans. War, Peace, Death, Love, Life, Thoughts, Hopes, Dreams.

my brain just exploded

1: Why YoYos are So Important to me
2: Why I Love to Watch Horror Movies
3: …Im gonna have to think about the 3rd One. XD

Time travel can’t be explained…
Especially paradox… For me it’s just weird… and almost impossible…

but if you travelled into the future you would end up in space, and try not to suffocate while the earth tries to catch up to you by rotating around the sun. besides, getting past the atmosphere is almost impossible unless you move fast enough, but the impact from that speed would instantly kill you. time travell is just impossibe and thats all i need to know

sight to the blind, how some artists make things look so real and how others look like they barfed on a canvass, and … it may be days before i think of something

There would be no impact with the atmosphere becasue essentially you are not moving. You are basically falling out of existence in one point in time and appearing (in our case) three seconds into the future. Lets say we are stanging in front of a brick wall, and when we reappear three seconds later we are behind it. We won’t actually impact the wall becasue 1) we technically didn’t have any velocity, and 2) we technically didn’t exist in the three seconds it took for the brick wall to pass by our location. Making sense?

Also, really the only way we could mess with the ray called “time” we would have to isolate ourselves from all other dimensions. The four dimensions in question are X, Y, Z, and T. There are considered to be more dimensions but I’m only going to focus on the ones humans can percieve. The universe is expanding in all 3 directional dimensions (XYZ) and is “traveling” on a ray called ‘T’, starting at the origin (0,0) and continuing forever towards (0,∞). We would need to isolate ourselves from the movement of XYZ in our universe by traveling through space in the exact opposite direction the universe is expanding. This would make us essentially standing still in terms of existance, but compared to the universe we would be moving. Only once we are isolated in the other three dimensions can we really begin to mess with T, becasue TECHNICALLY we would wind up in the same place, even though the universe has moved. Now keep in mind, in order to isolate ourselves, we have been rocketing away from Earth at an incredible velocity. It only really makes sense to travel into the past becasue we would pop up closer to the Earth (which presumably is where we want to go…). We wouldn’t want to travel to a point in time where the Earth is where we are when we blip, becasue that would be VERY bad (and very hot, not to mention very dead), but we could travel to anytime in the past when we would wind up between where we blipped and where the Earth is, and prehaps a little bit farther if we don’t mind traveling a bit to get back to Earth.

All in all, very very very annoying.