Tool again?

So I need to remove a few of my bearings and pliers aren’t working for me. I heard that it was called a drill bit or something. It for large bearings, so if anyone can give me the exact name, that would be really great.

You had it right. Use the end of the drill bit that you chuck in the drill (side without threads) stick it in the inner race and wiggle it back and forth. Here’s a page with some pics and a good description of how to do it:

But like if I went to a hardware store and asked them for one, what would I ask them for?

You would ask for a drill bit.

Of the proper size of course…

The YYJ large type bearing is 1/4" ID. That’s the size drill bit you need.

1 Like