Too old to start again?

Is 55 too old to restart Yo-Yoing? Started on a wooden one 50 years ago. Redintoduced to “new” style recently and really enjoying learning new tricks.

5 Likes

Gosh, I hope not! I’m 53 and giving yoyoing a try again after 40 years. The only things standing in our way, I’d say, are:

1. Joint pain (i.e., repetitive stress issues)
  2. Lack of practice time
  3. Impatience

It we can overcome these three things, I see no reason to think we are “too old” to restart yoyoing.

3 Likes

I’ll give you a proper answer in about 30 years, haha.

3 Likes

I’m 52. Started about 2.5 years ago. I make it a point to get some throw time in every day. Thankfully, I work at home, so it’s not a problem to make some time. I’m starting to learn some more advanced stuff and I’ve got 4 or 5 long combos so far that I think are really fun. Haven’t really come up with any original elements yet, but I know that’s just a matter of time. My combos are made up of other people’s stuff so far, but I think if you learn enough of those, then your own ideas start occurring to you. All this is to say I really enjoy this hobby and my journey through it seems to be exactly the same as people 30 years younger than I am. Just throw man, age is just a number.

1 Like

Here…here! You bet oldyoyoer3000! I’m 64 years young & been an active player since 1966 on Duncan Imperial & Yomega Raider a couple years later…but I’ve come from responsive play to unresponsive play and it kicks! I love to throw & since I’ve been doing this so long I have a very selective collection since the Hitman 2003! Then I 2004 I found General Yo and the 5 star! I’ve not looked back and I enjoy going to contests very much too!
So hook-up and join the other tech’s trying to learn new tricks and playing the flow…yeah!

2 Likes

Hey my favorite thrower in the world is older than that. Welcome to the show.

1 Like