Proud old guy

So here I am at 57 with 4 weeks in starting from scratch, I’m kinda proud :blush:

53 Likes

Hell yeah keep it going!

2 Likes

4 weeks in and your double or nothin it!! Nice.

3 Likes

Very nice and you look very confident!

1 Like

Very nice!

3 Likes

Thank you all!

2 Likes

Time to go for triple!

2 Likes

You should be proud, that looks really good!

3 Likes

That’s absolutely awesome, I started playing about a month ago also ! Great job dude !

4 Likes

And you should be. Well done!

1 Like

That is really good no doubt. You have a good coordinated throw for a new player.

Keep playing…

I’ve been at it for years and I am still practicing ‘Sleeper’.

I get my yo-yos to sleep pretty long. But because I am so old, I usually fall asleep before the yo-yo dies…. So I never really know if my sleep times are getting better?

Remember… if you run in to some sticking points as you advance up the trick ladder, don’t Snap and kill all your neighbors with a fire axe. Your neighbors will come in handy when you get good enough to give a demo at the next block party. You don’t want to erase your potential audience.

If you get a mental block on something, just take a day off or just throw the other tricks you have learned already.

Pace yourself and you will be around for years to come.

Ask ‘any’ questions here. We got players at all levels that can/will take turns giving you excellent advice all day long.

Good luck…

4 Likes

Thank you very much @yoyodoc !

1 Like

Use to play with Duncan’s when I was younger. Now, at 68 I’m just glad to get them to return. Great work, hope to get there soon.

6 Likes

Rock on, fellow oldie :guitar:

2 Likes

Thanks @Ghostfox! Welcome to a wonderful community filled with wonderful people!

Well done. Landing on the string is the thing that made yoyo addictive for me I believe. I started unresponsive in 2021 and I’m right behind you in years.

3 Likes

Welcome Gatorman! Happy to have new alumni here….the last time I heard the word “gator”was when I was pursuing gatorfloss yoyo strings……
best string Ever! Sooo good!
Great job on posting video-keep up the good work & continue to document the journey!

2 Likes

9 weeks in and my best Matrix so far … Obviously I would like it to look like a well-oiled machine, which I hope will come with practice- I thought I’d share my progress:

7 Likes

Looks good to me. Keep it up!

2 Likes

Doing amazing

1 Like