Tom Kuhn Appreciation thread

Here is the other side of it.

6 Likes

Great score! Glad you got a stamped CM (and a JT Cosmic Otter too - rad!)

3 Likes

Not a woody, it’s a special edition of the Redline to celebrate 35 years of Tom’s dental practice.

10 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the info Wayne!

3 Likes

Sweet score Aaron, please let me know when you’ve had enough of owning that cosmic otter! :wink:

4 Likes

After a heads up from @TheThrowingGnome I was able to score a long-sought Kreeger & Sons No Jive. I’ve looked for that one on and off for about a decade and kinda assumed I’d be unlikely to cop one. Super happy, as beyond being super rare, it feels and plays like a quintessential example of a late 70’s TK model.

This brings the # of models I’m searching for to 4: Smothers Wine, Aspen, Metallic Red, and Infinite Illusions “2 Girls”! Stoked!

19 Likes

Glad I could help @edhaponik!!! You rock! So grateful for the inspiration you provide and all the efforts you put into helping teach us yoyo mortals!

6 Likes

Stoked you were able to grab that!

1 Like

doing the weekly organization today…

10 Likes

and a few other gems…

13 Likes

Heyyyyyy…
Lots of awesome stuff on the bay lately, some of it going pretty low.
If anyone was inclined to go for this Heirloom Set, I would definitely make that Seal Rocks/Cliff House woodie worth your while!

7 Likes

Can’t believe this went so cheap. I put down the high bid about 40 minutes before the end and intended to up that substantially before the end and just totally spaced out…

Final sale was $510

3 Likes

Yeah that’s gotta be a record for a big heirloom set. Somebody scored.

3 Likes

These are my favorites

8 Likes

Posted these 3 today at yoyomuseum.com … more information there. Found them while searching boxes and they needed to be in the museum. Standard release and two unreleased protos. DH

13 Likes

aces!

2 Likes

So classy :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Smothers Wine is one of my grails (any of em). Lmk if ever you wish to part with one! :heart:

4 Likes

Gotta find this box !! Found the image in my old pictures. Bet there’s Celtics on the bottom layers.

Picture reminded me of something I’ve never heard on the boards. There’s a reason I saved multiples of of the laminated no jives on bottom and on right. They came with different color foil logos. Notice Turquoise striped ones on right … one has silver foil, one rainbow foil, one red foil. The light blue lam on bottom , one has blue foil, one purple foil, and one a different rainbow foil. Wish Someone still had the attention to detail of the old Tom Kuhn company.

13 Likes

i know what box number it is, can you find it?!!!

1 Like