To buy or not to Buy.

I know my dad doesn’t understand that though. lol

Well I baught but my mom’s a little disapointed in me I think. I’m glad I did though.

Just wait till you get it in the mail and show her what you can do with it. She will see that sparkle in your eye and how happy you are, and she will totally be over it. And besides, a hatrick is one of the best investments in the bank of yoyos. Congrats, I bought 2. You should see how dissapointed my wife is. :o

I have to voice my opinion here. Pretty much any professional could do any trick in their arsenal with a Dark Magic rather easily, sure. But this takes me back to when I was playing a misquito, and once I got to Brain Twister, I was like “Gee, better amp up my gear” and bought a Metal Zero. Now any trick I had learned on that Metal Zero, I could do on my misquito (save a few, maybe, I’m not thinking I can do a flop on it) but I doubt I could have learned those tricks on it.

Back on topic, if it is your money, I don’t see why you wouldn’t use it in a way you like.

This is absoulutly true. Things are esier to learn on a better yo. I’m pretty sure because when i transferd from acoustic giutar to electric I could play all sorts of things i couldn’t on the acoustic. When I picke up my acoustic again, I could play them. (I’m reffering to stuff like power chords and bar chords)

if i had 100bucks i would buy the new punchline…

That is why there is vanilla and chocolate… and a plethora of different yoyos.

I think the opposite happen to me, for chrismas I was getting my first metal and I showed my father some metals and I showed him a mint raw G5, Dingo, Tactic, M1, Warning Line, DV 888. He said, I am getting you the one with the dice thingy (G5), the next day I tell him that I ve changed my mind and I want the Tactic because the I dont like the H shape and the yoyo weights alot 71g, he got me the G5. The strange thing is he bought a the expensivest. But I said in my mind, well its a 115$ G5 it must play really good. But its all preference, I hardly play with it because I like yoyo like speeder and lyn fury that are 65 grams and very loud (the G5 is dead silent). And the bad thing is that since the g5 is raw it has tarnished so it lowers the price if I were to sell it and in my country as far I know I am the only yoyoer so theres no to sell it to.

here is the yoyo  http://www.yoyonation.com/product.php?productid=16656&cat=0&page=1

Dude, You need to just put regular hubstacks or nubs on instead of the zstacks. It will lower the weight down to about 66 grams with regular stacks and 62 with nubs. :o I have the 2010 G5 and I like it light like you because stock, it is too heavy. I love it now because it is so light and zippy.

Lemmie toss in my two bits…

When it comes to a yoyo purchase, you should always think it out… Will I like this yoyo in six months? What if somthing better comes out? Will I regret my purchase?

I was all about the hype of the NewBreed, I loaned money from my friend to buy a New Breed, I loved it, for a couple months… And then nothing… I traded it away… And regreted buying it…

But after you look at it, and go… I WANT that yoyo… I want it so bad, I wouldn’t mind turning down another yoyo that comes out after it… I am willin to take a pocket book hit I want that yoyo so bad…

If you feel that for a while then go for it… Heck, if its your cash, and if you dont even feel that way at all and want it anyways, go for it… Its your money, who am I?

Now with that said, respect your parents… If they dont want you to buy the yoyo, then dont argue… Write it out to them… Give them a page or two essay about why you want the yoyo… Explain why it costs what it does… An Analogy I like to use… A Toyota Prius costs ALOT less than a Ferrari Enzo for obvious reasons… Its made better, theres just somthing that makes metals feel full and solid…

But what ever you do DONT ARGUE, dont fuss, dont whine about it… That doesn’t help your case at all…

This is sorta good I understand that electics are a bit easier to play, (I hate… I mean HATE Barre Chords… )but at the same time, you shouldn’t go, aw man… I cant play Stairway on my sixty dollar Carlo Robelli standard six string accoustic guitar, so Ima go buy me a 4 and a half thousand dollar '57, triple pickup, Custom Les Paul and shred some Zepplin so I can play it on my accoustic…

Same with yoyos… I cant hit ladder escape on my Lyn, so Im going to get an 888!

With dedication you can hit ladder escape on a Lyn, and you can play Stairway to Heaven on a cheap guitar…

Sooo, sorry bout the rant but what Im trying to say is… Think out purchases…

Ummm well I already baught it so maybe I should just remove this post…

Actually there is a lock function so that maybe when someone has this same question they can still see it, it just can’t be necro’d. :slight_smile:

1 Like