TMBR Turner Eats string?

Oh so that’s the complete middle? I thought that if I would switch it around maybe the part where the string actually spins on would be different.

If you’re feeling crafty, you could devise a way to slide the sleeve along. You would have to remove the sleeve, cut a piece from one end or the other, put the piece around to the other side (as a shim) and then probably do a bit of additional shimming (sawing off the piece will also remove some material the width of the saw blade).

But… that’s if you’re feeling handy. :wink:

I’m just a teenager I can’t do things that hard! Haha just kidding, but no I can’t do stuff like that haha. I can’t draw a straight line.

Luckily, a super super nice forum member named Nathan has offered to send me an axle. Problem solved! That guy is so nice!

Cool. Keep us updated on how the swap goes and if that fixes the problem.

Getting a replacement axle is a way better option… but man… this is very simple stuff here! Problem solving is a skill you can learn a lot younger than 15. :wink: My little 4-year-old is encouraged to solve problems and think creatively all the time, both at home and at school!

Creative thinking is great and should always be encouraged!
Unfortunately not all teenagers are encouraged to use sawblades, even with supervision. :wink:

Oh no I’m actually quite good at problem solving, i’m just always scared that I’m going to break whatever i’m tinkering with. Especially when it’s yoyos because everything has to be perfect for them to work properly. I made up my own string rig using cardboard and clips (the kind that holds chips bags closed). It’s definitely not the best it can be, but it’s a pretty good 1 string rig.

I’m going to a high school next year that is very artsy and stuff, like pot making and sewing and drawing, so I’m hoping that will make me better at that sort of thing. There is a wood class that I have to take… Maybe I can make a fixed axle throw! I’m getting ahead of myself haha.

Edit: May I add I also don’t have the materials and tools needed.

If the axle is already pooched, you don’t have to worry about ruining it. :wink:

The only tool you need is a fine-toothed hacksaw or similar saw.

Yeah but I don’t have that.

Bah, what kind of household do you live in? Every house and apartment needs some basic tools! Screwdrivers, drill and bits, hammer, crosscut saw, hacksaw. Those are your basics. No go buy them!

(just kidding)

That’s very cool of Nathan. He is indeed a really good guy. Here’s a little info on him in case you don’t know who he is.

We have tons of screwdrivers because my dad works… (Well used to work) with computers. We also have a saw, some of those gigantic scissor things. And I have all my yoyo tools (plyers, special screwdrivers for spacers, etc).

Wow! He does sound like a cool guy!

Sand. Paper. Finer grit, higher that 400 probably 600 for the the really fine touches

I already have 1000 grit sandpaper… Thanks for the suggestion!

But it’s been better today. I’ve used it a lot and it hasn’t broken yet.

Alright it finally snapped after a day of play.

That’s about standard.

Ok.

Could the axle sleeve be causing the vibe too?

It could though it’s more likely that the halves are a bit off since they’re wood.

Try sanding out the contact point of where the string breaks with fine sandpaper. Maybe that’ll help. But do this as a last resort. Have you tried contacting the company to see if they can help?