Titaniums 😊

And, of course, everyone who owns a TiWalker will vigorously point out how the “new TiWalker” with any changes at all just isn’t the same. And everyone who wants to experience the real thing will still be stuck questing for an original anyway.

3 Likes

Ha both great points and yes I did snag the DR on the BST. I do like it a lot.

1 Like

As somoene who has owned multiple originals and made the bootleg (as part of a group originally but I did all the public runs) I can safely say they are different. The runs are different too. Which you like will likely depend on the era you started yoyoing. The bootleg takes 19mm pads so you don’t have to put silicone in it. It also has a wider gap so it’s easier to get a few wraps in the bearing. On the string the bootlegs are almost identical to the original except you don’t feel the pads rubbing against the string because the gap is wider.

Personally, I think the bootleg is much better because it plays better (due to a modern gap) and it doesn’t require such time intensive maintenance. You’re welcome to your own opinion on the topic though.

5 Likes

VSNYYC doesn’t seem to have stuck around after trying again so don’t count it out fully. Time will tell, maybe I’ll do it again.

5 Likes

I don’t know how this turned into a Ti Walker topic again :joy:, but as someone who owns both the original and the D Runner remake, I can say that I like the latter of the two more. They feel almost the same during play, which covers all your Ti Walker needs. Yet the D Runner is somehow more stable and handles horizontal much better. Don’t ask me how. I have no idea.

Also, the Walker is a great yo-yo, especially for it’s time. It’s not, however, as good as some of the more modern throws that are now out there. In my opinion, we should let the past go and move on to newer things, different things, revolutionary things, not the same old stuff once again.

If only more people modded…

6 Likes

You may be right (on some purely objective grounds), but you’ll have to burn through the rose-tinted lenses that many folks view the TiWalker through in order to convince them of that. That yoyo wears a nigh-mystical patina that comes from having “Legendary” status bestowed upon it by its devoted apostles.

1 Like

Have you played one?

1 Like

No. But you see this phenomenon in lots of areas of life. The TiWalker is hardly unique in its ability to inspire the hype machine. How many of its owners have played the bootleg? And if they did, how many of them would agree that it is better than the original? I think confirmation bias would see to it that those numbers would be supremely small.

It’s a good yoyo but I definitely feel like people prop it up so it retains it’s value. I’ve spoken to several owners who have stated as much and I wouldn’t be surprised if most were doing it.

3 Likes

Come on people! New things > old things, this is just science!!

3 Likes

6 Likes

Couldn’t pass up the opportunity :wink:
But yeah, I would like to try a bootleg with the modernized response

1 Like

I’m sure that modern Cobra kit cars drive better than the original yet sell for a fraction of the price. There’s something appealing about the real deal :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I sold mine recently. I have no reason to artificially prop it up. I haven’t played every yoyo ever made. I’ve played lots though. YYR, Sturm Panzer, lots and lots of what are considered some of the best. The nicest playing yoyo I’ve ever played was the TiWalker. I only know of a few that own them and I know they feel the same. No hype. I don’t have any reason. This is simply my opinion of the yoyo.

1 Like

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

2 Likes

Not sure how you dream up these fantasies? The nigh mystical patina has evolved from those that don’t own Ti Walkers.

And who are these ‘devoted apostles?

I have 2 Ti Walkers and I am neither: devoted to them or any sort of apostle.

2 Likes

Just curious; if you are not devoted, why have two?

2 Likes

One thing that is certain is that everyone loves talking about the TiWalker.

Those who have one, love to say how it’s the best yoyo ever made.

Those who don’t, love to discuss how overrated it is.

8 Likes

I dunno, I feel @chaosgow has been remarkably even handed in his discussion of it!

2 Likes

I got one Walker from a guy that was fading out of yo-yos.

The second Walker I saw for sale; online. It was up for at least a week. The longer it was up; after the first few days; I simply concluded it was long gone🤔.

Then after about a week;I contacted the guy and he said several people wanted it but nobody got back to him with ‘money’. I told him if he couldn’t get a buyer soon; that I would buy it.

He got back to me and I ended up with 2; obviously.

I thought I could find a good home for it. But over time as I would bring it up in conversation; people just seemed to want it to sell it for top dollar. That wasn’t my plan.

I almost traded one a few weeks back; but the guy found another deal and he ended up with a Ti Walker.
So I still have 2.

I have two sets of work boots too.

But I am not a Diciple of Redwing.

The Ti Walker is my favorite Ti yoyo. I never told anybody it’s the best playing yoyo ever made.

I don’t have 2 because they are super special. And having 2 doesn’t make me special either.

I have a lot of doubles in my yoyo pile.

I have 5 Ti Dreams also. They are sitting on the Alter; between the candles in their own little Chapel(yeah, right🤓) lol

6 Likes