Titanium Marquis

What has kept you from tearing them open to see?

2 Likes

Right! I canā€™t even stand to be around an unopened can of Pringles!

7 Likes

:slight_smile::grinning::smile::rofl:

I have been out of yoing for years. I thought about picking it back up and saw One Dropā€™s Marquis promo. I thought it was pretty cool, and decided to get a couple. But, I decided I would practice on cheaper yoyos before opening a Marquis. Just never got around to throwing again.

2 Likes

When I was throwing back on the day FHZ were pretty cutting edge and the Cold Fusion hadnā€™t even come out yet.

As a kid I taught myself to yo back in the 80ā€™s using original Duncan Butterflyā€™s, Imperials and watching VHS recordings of Tommy Smothers as the Yo-Yo man over and over again.

3 Likes

I bought a NM Moonshine off BST about the same time as I bought the Marquis. I also have an unopened YYF Whip and Yomega Pro Speed. So, I have some cheap throws to use and learn how to bind on. I need to get practicing.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to find a Cabal in excellent shapeā€¦ preferably white.

If you want one let me know I have a white cabal in excellent shape with like 1 flat spot. @Jerm5462

1 Like

Really? How bad is the flat spot? Do you use it very often or just have other throws that you like better?

Same here!!!

3 Likes

Yep. We did not have the luxury of internet, youtube, online stores and the like. It was Duncans, the Duncan Trick Book (which I still have), and the Yo-Yo Man.

I still remember landing my first Trapeze! That was a big day for a 12 year-old kid who was 100% self-taught.

5 Likes

Ok, so here we have the conundrum.

If, you donā€™t open both boxes to find out if either of them is a Ti. And you trade one or both for other yoyos of similar value to any standard Marquis. And then you find out that one of them(almost impossible) or both of them are Ti(completely impossible) you are going to look like having your brain swapped out for a peach pit, would improve your intelligence.

Now, on the other hand. If you decline to open both boxes to get on the same page as reality. And you trade both yoyos to people that actually believe they are going to get Ti yoyos simply because nobody yet knows that they arenā€™t.

Well, then you are going to look like a good stunt double for a standard Con man.

Honestly it would be in your own best interest. And for that matter, the best interest of others. To just open them up and find out what their potential value might be.

To be fair to yourself. And to be fair to others.

Even if you ā€˜doā€™ open them and neither is Ti(I hope they are because that would be Amazing) them you could post pics of what colorways they are.

There is a reasonably decent chance that if they are bought unopened. They may not only ā€˜notā€™ be Ti. But they may also be in colors than few might likešŸ˜³

Buying a yoyo in an unopened box is about as bright as a Blind man at an Auction, bidding on PaintingsšŸ˜³

9 Likes

How about an x-ray scanner like ones in airports? Some of them show different materials with different colors. I`d take them with one aluminium yoyo and put at one of these machines :smiley:

1 Like

Got a bit of a Schrodingerā€™s Box situation here.

Itā€™s titanium and aluminium and neither at the same time.

Only one way to fix the situationā€¦

11 Likes

Schrodingers Box as applied to the ā€œmany worldsā€ theory tells us that there is both a titanium and an aluminum in there, they are just in alternate realities. Quantum entanglement suggests that no matter what he finds in the box, there is another probability version of himself that has the other. Either way he gets a titanium throw, but it just may be that the version of himself that has the ti is in another dimension that is on a different probability timeline. It could also be that the antimatter version of himself is the one who gets the titanium throw, but if the matter version ever meets the anti matter version of himself and they work out a trade, then in the moment they exchange YoYos in the trade and touch one another they will both be imploded into a black hole!!!

This video explains this conundrum pretty well.

4 Likes

For the record Iā€™m having to exercise great control to resist buying these!!! I think itā€™s completely worth buying these!!! But to be fair I also enjoy wearing a blindfold when I go to art galleries. I rub my hands all over the paintings to the feel the paint which creates a mental image that is far more beautiful than the actual painting.

3 Likes

Thank you Sheldon.

If the box has a seal on the top, open the bottom.

2 Likes

95945568_2812650949021306_3649232526553120768_n

Oh, there is definitely a titanium in one of those boxes. This cat proves it.

3 Likes

Yoyodoc, you canā€™t be serious.

The fact that these are unopened and a complete mystery is the genius of the entire subject.

Look at the attention they have already garnered.

As for conning people, I am doing no such thing. Everyone knows EXACTLY what these are.

In respects to valueā€¦ well itā€™s called supply and demand. Welcome to the world of Capitalism there sweetheart.

3 Likes

I agree!!! I hope you sell them for top dollar! The will power to have never opened them certainly commands a higher value! Itā€™s akin to buy old packs of unopened baseball cards in the hopes of finding one very valuable card.

1 Like