Titanium Marquis

Does anyone know where the 5 Ti Marquis ended up at?/who has them? I just watched the Marquis video and was onedering about it.

6 Likes

I remember 3 or 4 of them got discovered shortly after release. I’m sure all 5 owners were known not long after the drop but it’s been a long time, I don’t remember who they were.

3 Likes

Bumping this because I want answers.

3 Likes

Believe it or not I have two MIB UNOPENED Marquis in my possession right now.

7 Likes

You should do an “unboxing” video!!!

2 Likes

I am pondering trading them to get some other throws. I would like to find a One Drop Cabal.

I am an old school thrower that has been out of the hobby for a long time. I saw these when they were getting ready to drop and thought it might be a good investment. Doesn’t look like much of a market out there for opened Marquis.

I learned on original Duncan Imperials and Butterflies, so I am partial to plastic.

Everything has advaced so much I don’t have any idea what other throws than a Cabal to start with.

Suggestions?

3 Likes

Are they titanium? There were only five made. The other 400 were aluminum and widely available.

2 Likes

Dunno. They have never been opened it is a mystery.

1 Like

got pictures of them?

I will have to get some when I get home tonight.

1 Like

:+1:

Doesn’t it say on the box?

1 Like

Apparently not:

The Marquis is our first yo-yo model to be released in a blind box. Limited to only 400 yo-yos, featuring a variety of finishes as well as five Titanium variants in the mix. They’re all sealed up and randomized so even we don’t know where they’re all going to end up! Imagine picking up a pack of your favorite trading cards, but instead of cardboard, you get a sweet playing yo-yo. With an assortment of finishes, you’re bound to find YOUR ultimate prize!

So without opening them, there’s no way to know if the ones they have are titanium (one would be lucky, two seems statistically impossible) unless all the TiMarquis’ owners have been located.

3 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

Wow! kudos for having the guts to not open them, knowing that there was a Ti in the mix. Such suspense! haha

3 Likes

Couldn’t a scale be used to kinda get an idea?

3 Likes

This is how they have been stored for the last 4 years.

1 Like

No, a scale will not work. One Drop weighted each box the same so there was no way to cheat. Also, I looked into metal detctors to see if any could identify the type of metal. No dice.

6 Likes

This is from the One Drop website.

*Titanium Marquis shares the same weight and profile as it’s aluminum counterpart, but has a redesigned inner cup, and takes 19mm Flow Groove.

4 Likes