Throwing when cold: Plastic or metal?

:smiley:

The metal only hurts because your hands are sensitive to the cold try using a Yoyo glove for one hand for the winter months. However the plastics can hurt just as bad. Also if any Yoyo is cold it will hurt your hands. But It doesn’t change me other than me yoyoing indoors.

For me, I haven’t used a yoyo glove before. That’s not really the issue. I would want something that would actually keep my hand warm as well.

I have to walk my kids TO school, then wait for them to be brought inside by the teachers(They line up outside on the blacktop and wait), then walk home. I repeat the process in reverse in the afternoon. That walk to school in the morning, the past 2 days, I just kept my hands in my pockets, and my hands in gloves.

I’m not prepared, clothing-wise, for this kind of weather.

NorthFace makes insulated gloves. In which they provide thin options as well.

I grew up there! In South Sac, near Elk Grove. I live in the Bay Area now where we are also having a “cold snap” and I JUST complained about how it was making my metal yoyo uncomfortable to throw. :smiley:

In Northern Utah it’s normally been 10° the lowest being -12° so far. I usually use plastics in the cold but I found these really cool thing called click heats at the mall. They are this small little reusable packs with some fluid in them that when you click a metal disk in side it crystallizes and make a lot of heat and they last for like thirty minutes and I have been bring them along with me so if I want to throw I don’t have to worry about a freezing yoyo I just stick both in my pocket( it also make the yoyo look cool as it steams in the cold making little trails)and boom I can keep practicing and enjoy the clean air as well.they are pretty cheap and useful for just about anything and to un crystalize the you just gotta boil them till all the crystals have melted.

Actually, I’m in Elk Grove.

We California residents don’t know how to handle this cold stuff.

1 Like

In western Oregon (just south of Portland) it’s been freezing lately. We actually got snow(a rare occurrence). In the valley here the winter temps are pretty warm and it rains most of the year

I live in Ohio, the weather changes like every hour haha. I hate the cold. I always throw inside, but if i do ever throw outside in the cold i’ll know to use a plastic! haha We have like 3 in of snow outside.

Here in AZ it’s freezing cold. Yesterday it was 65 degrees at one point :wink:

how i’d kill for 65 degree weather right now lol

It is 33 degrees where I live and my friends house its 24 I use a surge or a pop star when its cold also the dm2.

I mostly use a metal at all times. Feel the pain! Love the pain! Rrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggghhhh!

1 Like

When it’s cold:

Inside:
Anything

Outside:
Nothing

that is a good strategy :smiley:

I remember being in Phoenix in 1996 on an install for Intel. 95-degrees at 5AM.

Yes, 65 is freezing for you!!

But… but…
How do you play pond hockey?

Easy, they travel north.

If you don’t mind me asking where in Ohio? I’m in the suburbs of Cleveland when I’m home (at school right now, but still somewhere in Ohio).

Idk how jensen does it.

I throw inside during the cold season. the pain doesnt bother me as far as when it returns to my hand, i just dont like when my hands get numb because i cant land any tricks half the time. Knuckle buster pain is amplified by the cold forsure though :confused: