Throwers outside North America/Up and Coming Manufacturers

Oh, I knew I misplaced a few letters :smiley:

I’ve never heard of that country.

pfhaha :smiley:

Yeah. We know…

I get hyped about Indonesian and Malaysian companies. YoyoSkeel and MagicYoyo are pretty dope. YYF is cool and so is Yomega.

Believe me, it gets worse…

Well being Malaysia, I always enjoy a good FS from the SE Asian throwers like Shakeel, Christopher Chia, Marcus Koh, Darrell Mitchell, Mimi Thian, and just everyone from the SE Asia scene. I really want to go to a Malaysia Nationals or AP once in my life

What happens if ninjas invade the contest? Am I still safe?

There have been ninjas at every contest. Ever.

1 Like

The first rule of yoyo contests which get invaded by ninjas, is that you do not talk about yoyo contests which get invaded by ninjas.

What happened to the post I replied to earlier? There was this confusing post about someone wanting to enter yoyo contests but he didn’t know if it was safe. Now it’s gone and my reply looks super bizarre.

Maybe he and the post were abducted by ninjas…

He was a troll. Lots of nonsense posts. They are all gone now, like him. :wink:

Edit - And I removed your post.

I can’t speak for anyone else… but a weak currency and expensive shipping costs from developed countries - limits me to the cheaper Asian brands, as well as odds and ends that I’ve been able to pick up in trades.

South African yoyo in the works???

I wish!

There’s nothing that I would like more than having a steady stream of product available to promote and distribute locally… I don’t have the capital layout though, or enough knowledge of design/manufacture.

I’ve been looking around at smaller Japanese operations and can’t help but wonder if they are just like some of the up and coming manufacturers that we have in the US. I looked at yoyomonster’s stuff and watched their videos and they seem like a small outfit, maybe even run by a small group of young friends.

Is this a common occurrence? Are their new yoyo companies popping up all over in Europe/Japan? I want the scoop on some new start-ups.

YYM is pretty popular in Japan, actually, I never considered this brand that different from YYR, TP or YYJK. They’ve been around for a while now.

I knew they’d been around for a while but it makes me think when I see some of the cheesy things they do.

Edit: I really want to try some YYM though. Someone hook me up.

Edit 2: Also, do most Japanese manufacturers use 7075, or does it vary? What are some underrated, high-end 7075 throws that would blow us 'mericans out of the water? *eek! No pun intended… :-X

[quote=“MiamiBuddha,post:37,topic:66015”]
Most do not. 7075 yoyos are still the exception, not the rule.

There are none. Oh, there are certainly some excellent, high end, 7075 yoyos out there. But if there were truly underrated ones which blew the competition out of the water, you’d very soon see top competitors using them to win major championships, at which point they’d no longer be underrated.

The yoyomonster Agonist is their best throw right now. Very underrated. It’s basically a bimetal checkmate, also a great throw. Competitively everyone uses checkmates and agonists now, I wouldn’t bother with the other ones unless you like looping yoyos. Pretty sure the Agonist uses 7075 but the checkmate doesn’t. Though they did make a 7075 checkmate it’s hard to find now.

EDIT: I thought most if not all of the top Turning points use 7075, but That_Michael_Guy says they do not. I guess I assumed with their throws costing $200-$300 they were using premium metals on some of them. My bad.

Sturm Panzer is a small brand with some great throws. Leo-Sniper Mark II is supposed to be great for 1A. It’s a bimetal with an unusual shape and a D-size bearing. I want one myself and it will be one of my next purchases. Only one site sells them but they’re in stock right now for $170.

The use of 7075 in Japanese throws is so common now that when they list the material some sites don’t distinguish them. They’ll list materials I know are 7075 as just “aluminum” so it’s hard to tell sometimes. And I don’t think 7075 is that expensive anymore. I mean if it is how is Werrd releasing 7075 yoyos for $70? It’s becoming much more standard in Asia and Oceania now. North American companies like CLYW aren’t making them much because they like the crazy splash designs that don’t work well except on 6061 aluminum.

You can generally tell by the artwork. If it’s a super splashy design it’s probably not 7075. If it’s solid colors and expensive it probably is. But just email the site selling them or the manufacturer if you’re not sure. Most of them speak English and for the ones that don’t I’ve communicated with them successfully using google translate.

Honestly, I love the feel and sound of the 7075. I love the dye bleeding that happens a lot with 7075.