Throw Revolution Titaniums! Lotus & Ti Pendulum!

The Lotus was designed with aesthetics, elegance, and pure performance in mind. It looks, feels, and plays unlike any other yo-yo. The beautiful two-tone engraving contrasting with the raw titanium finish gives this yo-yo a really high end look. The rounded profile fits comfortably in the hand and right from the first throw you get the feeling that the Lotus fully takes advantage of the titanium alloy it is machined from. The walls are machined thin with a pleasant combination of rim and center weight that feels pleasantly maneuverable, light, and stable in play. It has a powerful spin and feels right at home in any style.

The Ti Pendulum is everything you loved about the original, but with some subtle tweaks to really bring out the performance qualities of titanium. There’s an additional straight cut added to the inverse round profile, designed to maximize spin and minimize sleep loss. The string is guided right to the center without rubbing much against the inner body which makes it perfect for horizontal tricks as well. It’s a full sized light weight design with an impressively nimble feel on the string and plenty of spin power to get through your longest combos!

5 Likes

Great looking yoyos, but certainly some pricing problems here, although not the retailers fault likely the manufacturers.

5 Likes

Yeah, I found the price of the Lotus rather sobering when I saw it for the first time last summer.

1 Like

Yeah that’s a bit nuts.

2 Likes

not peanuts

6 Likes

Yeah definitely cashews…

3 Likes

$600?
Okay…anyone want to buy every single thing I own in life so I can pick one of these bad boys up!?

4 Likes

Lotus is expensive, but it’s also one of the few titaniums machined in the UK.

8 Likes

lotus, only $600 no big deal

1 Like

hahaha

1 Like

As I recall, the TiHummingbird was $600, so the Lotus isn’t the only one to hit this price tier.

5 Likes

That was a BiTi though. $600 definitely makes it one of the most expensive monometal Ti ever released

1 Like

The Yoyorecreation Dazzler came out at least two or three years ago. And when I bought mine I think it was about $650? And since that was a few years ago another $600 ti yo-yo from somebody else shouldn’t be too big of a surprise. Unless of course you weren’t around a few years ago when the Dazzler was released; LOL

7 Likes

The pricing problems I’m referring to is that we have two titanium yoyos here of comparable quality, one of them twice the price of the other.

4 Likes

Ti Pendulum is a blast to play with.

3 Likes

One machined in the UK, one machined in China.

6 Likes

Wow, 2Ă— the price. :dizzy_face:

What really got me is when G2Jake indicated that in his testing, chinese machining wasn’t just cheaper but better quality than the american shops he had worked with. That’s a “game over” moment.

I guess that kinda makes sense if you’re dealing with CNC machining anyways. It’s all robots, not like it’s artisanally handcrafted by hippies or anything…

4 Likes

I’m assuming Jake didn’t use One Drop for his domestic machining tests?

Additionally, I have to believe that @da5id would dispute the notion that turning out a well-machined product is “all robots” and zero “skilled human involvement”.

4 Likes

I would definitely take exception to that notion.

4 Likes

Can I get a rundown on his testing methods and results? I’ve been doing this since 1986 and have come to a completely different conclusion.