Threatened over a yoyo sale

There’s way more big names on fb. There are a lot of famous names like seasoned players but when I say big names I don’t nexessarily mean famous. I mean there’s a lot of regular joes that have been around in the community for a long time that have developed a good reputation and respect for themselves through interactions from contests or dozens to hundreds to thousands of successful transactions.

As a result there’s way more very reputable sellers on that platform. It’s something that’s kind of difficult to explain or understand if you haven’t used it a lot or been around.

Yeah maybe fb has a little more drama. But maybe some people here are just too sensitive. The fb bst is honestly a great place and it breeds so many great people that have been around for a long time. It might just be harder to tell from the surface because these are reputable lurkers or straight sellers, not regular posters so you don’t see their names plastered everywhere like the regulars on YYE

5 Likes

That’s a shame, Facebook is cancer and I can’t stand it. I deleted my profile [of 3 years] about 3 years ago, and have not once looked back.

I hate, HATE, LOATHE Facebook. I’d rather clip my fingernails way too short and plant trees in clay with my bare hands in 110°F weather for the rest of my life than to get back on Facebook.

13 Likes

I do agree Reddit can seem a little sketchy though.

But yeah by far fb is king for bst transactions by a mile. There is no comparison.

If you’re worried or have had a bad experience it’s all about protecting yourself and that’s so much easier on fb because there’s way more reputable sellers there. People regularly ask for a rep check on people publicly before continuing with a trade or deal and you often get 5-10 responses back almost instantly. If you do that, you seriously lower your chances of having a bad experience

3 Likes

I avoid BSTs altogether for the most part. I lean towards companies that actually make enough yo-yos and new runs for people to buy them beyond the first week after release, and I don’t have any older yo-yos I really want especially considering yo-yos keep getting better and I generally only want yo-yos that are up to current design and manufacturing standards.

I also really an not a preowned product type of guy.

But if your yo-yos sell out within a week of release every time you can afford to make more imo.

2 Likes

I use BST because I’m a poor college student and like saving 30-70% on yoyos and couldn’t care less about minor damage or vibe

Also by using the bst I can avoid losing a lot of money in the long run because I can always sell it back for the same, not much less, or sometimes even more than what I bought it for

3 Likes

Fox and the grapes? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah FB BST has a higher frequency of sales compared to here - a lot of cats on these forums usually don’t intend on selling any of their rare yoyos, most buy for keeps - in my experience people on FB usually have a price in mind, as opposed to here where the “idk offer” sentiment runs rampant…only to find out in a PM chain: I’d let it go for X amount" - that’s the :poop: I don’t like

2 Likes

It’s worth noting here that the seller @dizzo is talking about is a very reputable person on Facebook. If I’m not mistaken, he is a member here as well.

Let me state for the record that I’m not taking sides at all. I saw the original post and thought that the whole matter was just the result of a simple miscommunication between the parties involved. There was, indeed, a lot of unnecessary swearing in that post, all of it coming from the seller’s side. But I didn’t think that it was anything that couldn’t be resolved with a couple of nice messages. I don’t think the particular person you’re referring to will call your employer or resort to such extreme and ludicrous measures. I believe that he is upset because he thought you were trying to scam him. I also believe that you’re handling the issue in a much more civilized manner based on the evidence that I’ve seen. But if I were you, I’d simply try to explain the situation one more time to him and see if that helps resolve things faster. As far as I know, he has sold dozens, if not hundreds, of items in the past without any issues.

Either way, good luck! I hope this is resolved in the most amicable manner possible.

8 Likes

@dizzo PayPal claim is the best way homie

Cleaned out the thread.

Anytime you paying for something - using ‘pay for goods’ on PayPal is key so that you can reverse a payment when something does not go as planned. Very important as it gives the buyer the power needed (sending as friends and family while avoiding fees does put you at risk). It sounds like this situation can be remedied by that.

This definitely seems like an extreme case and I’ll look into it further with dizzo.

Thanks for everyone’s input to try and help the situation.

16 Likes