Thoughts on sherpa?

im thinking of getting this one now. any thoughts on it? how does it compare to the deep state?

2 Likes

They are fun. The weight distribution is different than the Deep State as it is a hallow body. It also comes with a full size bearing so it can be played unresponsive which is how I have mine set up. Great pocket daily type of throw.

4 Likes

It’s WAY different than the deepstate. The only thing they have in common is that they are both yoyos, and use a C bearing.

That said, the Sherpa is a really nice yoyo.

6 Likes

Sherpa is cool. Neat hollow body design. I like it better as a responsive yoyo than unresponsive, where I think it’s pretty “meh”. That said, there are other similarly priced responsive yoyos that I like better.

All in all, not a bad throw. But I don’t like it as much as I had thought I might when it first came out.

3 Likes

As others have said…it’s completely different than the Deep State and I wouldn’t compare the 2 of them.

I can’t really add anything as I’m not real experienced with it responsive or unresponsive…but I do like it and it is fun to toss around.

And as far as I know…this is the best time to get your hands on one. $30 is a good deal for this…and if you’ve got the money…I think the $70 Navigator + a free Sherpa in the color of your choice is an absolute steal of a deal!

2 Likes

Wait, how do you do the free Sherpa thing? Is it just a navigator or can it be any basecamp yoyo?

1 Like

Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. When you add the Navigator to your cart, if the sale is still on, you will be prompted to choose a color for the Sherpa.

3 Likes

Any Basecamp :smiley:

1 Like

Woaj that is tempting lol, Sherpa looks so fun

1 Like

How responsive was the sherpa out of the box? I just got mine and I had to double the string over the bearing to get it responsive.

2 Likes

Fully unresponsive…it came with the slim bearing installed, but even still it takes a bind to return…tug as I may.
Needs some thick lube.

3 Likes

Agreed.

3 Likes

Offer doesn’t apply to Edgeless, rip

1 Like