Thoughts on my next yoyo purchase, most likely a bi-metal (#BlackFridaySale@YYE)

Same. There is a small chance they’ll restock it tomorrow

4 Likes

Oh really? why is that? I might wait then until tomorrow ^^

3 Likes

I asked Garret and it is possible, but they cannot guarantee they’ll be here by the end of the sale:)

3 Likes

Ah awesome, might as well wait then and see :slight_smile:
If not, I don’t mind picking up the TopYo Dominator as recommended by @zslane either :slight_smile:

Thank you @SirDarverok for checking for me

4 Likes

I was actually tempted to pick up a purple, @Markmont Classic as well.
But I think at my current stage of yoyo’ing where I’m still learning intermediate tricks going organic might not be the best direction at the moment until I know enough basic tricks and elements to start going more freestyle :slight_smile:

4 Likes

In general, I would nudge you away from organics until you have more control over the yoyo, so your instincts there are pretty solid IMO. Having said that, I would point out that the Markmont Classic is like a performance throw in organic clothing. Many of us think of it as a sort of gateway organic; an O-shaped yoyo that plays with the spin time and stability of a high performance yoyo, making the transition to more traditional organics smoother and easier. So if the overall design of the Markmont Classic appeals to you–and I can see why it would, after all I own three of them myself and I love them–don’t be dissuaded by its organic shape.

5 Likes

@zslane, would I be totally off track and wrong in thinking that this would be somewhat similar (but bigger) to my Ti-Vayder?

1 Like

I think you should DEFINITELY get a Markmont Classic! Do it do it do it! It is one of my favourite yoyos, it is just pure quality. Don’t be put off by all the “Organics are difficult to play and are unstable” comments you will read on here. I got one pretty early on in my ‘journey’ and am so glad I did. Please back me up other people!

2 Likes

Haha it must be amazing given that you advised me few days ago not to buy more yoyos :laughing:

Comparison to Ti-Vayder?

1 Like

I don’t know if I need any more yoyos but anyway :laughing:

Currently I have in my basket a MK1 Diffraction v2 in blue, a Markmont Classic in purple, couple of DS bearings and one more spare OD slim pads.

Diffraction v2 I am certain on, others might come and go before I finalise the purchase.

Kind of lucky that the Grasshopper GTX is sold out, ideally I would have liked to have purchased one but looking at the bright side, it means I have no rush on my basket, so I will go to my yoyo contest on Saturday and maybe I come back with a bunch of things and I can reasses my Black Friday purchases Saturday night accordingly.
Initially I thought it would end tomorrow night (the sale), and was a little hesitant, as I might end up buying stuff and then end up getting more at the contest on Saturday. :slight_smile:
Or just trying different yoyos on Saturday might change my opinion on what I want.

Hopefully more grasshopper GTX comes back in stock and quite frankly, I think this will probably be my last purchase for some time now.

4 Likes

It feels different enough that there’s plenty of room in even a small collection for both. It’s a little less forgiving but just plain feels good to throw. The surface finish makes it great for palm grinds. The side effects are a lot of fun if you like tweaking specs.

4 Likes

That sounds like a great game plan! :smiley:
It’s always fun (for me at least) to go on a trip with a little bit of spending cash to drop if I want on goodies.
There’s something about being able to see and feel things in person. The instant gratification. Being able to go back home or to your hotel later that evening and immediately use/play with whatever you purchased. I love online shopping, and it’s often hard to beat the prices…but there’s a lot of fun being able to buy things offline too lol.
Maybe something will really grab your attention at the contest :D. I bet you’ll be able to try a bunch of throws out as well if you ask. Maybe you can find someone with a Markmont Classic or some other nice organic throw that will let you try it out to see if it’s a shape you’re interested in picking up right now.
I don’t know if there will be many vendors there selling their yo-yos…but they sometimes have discounts and special offers at the events.

Maybe they’ll even have a special edition yo with the contest logo you can get your hands on for a cool souvenir!

2 Likes

Yeah something with the logo of my first contest would be an amazing souvenir, especially if that is something like a yoyo or a yoyo tool or something I can use :slight_smile:

1 Like

GREEN!

Oh wait…it doesn’t come in green.

What a useless yo-yo!

2 Likes

:rofl: hahaha sorry Twitch the G2 Covenant is going to be my green yoyo for now.

Although I did see that this is on sale and it looks quite nice.

1 Like

The finish is different and the shade is slightly different as a result of that. The one I throw is the original soda blasted version. The ones we make now are pyramatte finish.

2 Likes

Thank you @Markmont I watched that freestyle video over 10 times, and I keep thinking how nice the finish is, but it didn’t quite look the same as the silver, and I wasn’t sure if it was actually different or the photo didn’t quite capture it.

the blast give it a certain industrial look that is just so cool

2 Likes

Go with purple for the MC, and any other color for the Dominator. My faves of all those are pink/black, blue/gold and black.

Silver/clear yoyos are kinda boring tbh. They look really cool under certain circumstances and on certain yoyos, but the color alone is more or less bland.

2 Likes

Any one have any thoughts on the G2 Banshee SS?
I know I went long way round and landed on the grasshopper and it’s sold out.
And then now considering the topyo dominator.
But now got curious about all the banshee hype and thought it might be a good first bi-metal for me.
Would this be considered a good bi-metal experience?

1 Like

Yeah, I’d love to hear some thoughts on the Banshee SS too!
Anyone play both a Grasshopper GTX and the SS and can make a comparison?

1 Like