Those who use the included nozzle to apply rtv silicone to their yoyos, do you keep the nozzle on? Or do you clean it every time you silicone a yoyo?

So I’m planning on getting a tube of permatex ultra black rtv silicone to use as response pads, but I wonder about storing it and cleaning the nozzle.

I’d like to use the nozzle since it seems like it makes the application process a lot easier but at the same time it seems like rtv is more susceptible to curing inside the nozzle.

I can just remove the nozzle and clean it inside out each time I silicone a yoyo, but it seems like the nozzle itself can hold quite a bit of rtv in it, so it seems a bit wasteful.

Can I not remove the nozzle from the tube ever and just wrap it up nicely with aluminium foil or something to prevent it from drying out instead? I don’t want to waste all the rtv inside the nozzle each time I silicone a yoyo…

1 Like

Here’s a step by step on mixing RTV’s that also goes into the point you brought up about the silicone drying up in the nozzle:

2 Likes

I recommend you to use syringe (without needle). Find a smaller sized one and a cap for it. It will give you same ability to manipulate silicone more accurate, and you will be able to see how much you are going to use, and not waste too much.

3 Likes

I print them with my 3D printer. One time used I put them into the trash.

3 Likes

Is there anything you can’t print!!! Wonder what the craziest useful thing you’ve printed is?:thinking:

2 Likes

I print Yo-Yo stuff, stands for all kind of things and most of the time toys for my daughter e.g. teddy seat for her bike

2 Likes

:heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Yeah that is def the most satisfying use case :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes