Permatex Silicone

So i was just wondering when u silicone ur yoyo and when ur done do clean out the tube connected to the silicone or do you just leave it alone and use it next time?

just make sure it’s sealed and you should be fine, I use a screw for it.

2 Likes

Squeeze out a little extra and let it dry. Then you can take that out and it won’t be dried inside.

2 Likes

I use a small oral syringe that came with some baby medicine. I put the Permatex flowable silicone in that, then put that into the yoyo. It doesn’t take much.

Then, when done, I can clean it out with a hot water and a small brush I have used to clean small tubes. If any dries in the tip, I can take the plunger out, then put it back in and use air pressure to pop that bit out when it dries(assuming it plugs the tip of the syringe).

can u use duct tape to seal it?

Yes, but it will only delay the inevitable. The stuff in the nozzle will eventually cure one way ot the other. At least that has been my experience.

jhb’s experience has also been mine. it will inevitably harden in the applicator/tube.

i’ve found that wrappin’ the tip in saran wrap or some sort of plastic…and then tightly windin’ a rubberband over the plastic to keep it shut works best (for me).

i’ve also heard ‘bout puttin’ a screw in the tip…but i haven’t tried this before. keepin’ the entire tube in a air tight box (i.e. tupperware) should help slow down the hardenin’ process as well.

mgodinez

snow…

Add me to the list - I’ve had the same experience as jhb and mgodinez. I do use the screw in the top of the applicator, but it still dries out - pretty quickly in the applicator, and eventually down in the tube too. Fortunately, silicone is relatively cheap.

Yup. For what it costs, if you do 2 yoyos, you’ve already come out ahead.

Me too. I usually use it enough to leave a little hanging out of the applicator and let it dry. Pull slow enough and it will pull right out of the applicator and viola!