This is Yoyo string tension problem?

At first, sorry about my english, isn’t my main language.

I start yoyo recently and all my strings have this problem. I have a MagicYoyo K1. I dont know how to explain the problem, the string just untwist it self when im throwing.

I have some string tension problems too, because when I run out of string tension, after two binds everything comes back

1 Like

This does appear to be a string tension problem. Do you throw with your left hand?

Does this video help?

2 Likes

Appears to be a string tension problem! As a lefty thrower, I’m all too familiar. I also suggest the above Brandon Vu clip.

1 Like

Yes, is there any problem throw yoyo with your left hand?

I had already seen this video, and it really helps, but the problem is that after taking the tension off the string, if I do a bind or any other trick the tension comes back, there is no time to do a routine that brings the tension back all.

Lefty = every throw is a quarter turn looser for string.

Righty = every throw is a quarter turn tighter for the string.

There are methods to adjust string tension during a routine:

5 Likes

brooo omg. This was exactly what I was looking for, now I understand, I thought it was a problem with the yoyo or the string or even how I was throwing it. Now i understand, Thank You soo much Jace

6 Likes

Thank Brandon Vu, he saved me too! I do a modified sidewinder that’s not nearly as cool, lol. Over the right wall for me = brings me back to neutral. Enjoy!

Nope. No problem at all to throw left handed but as Jace explained, every breakaway your string will get looser. Right handed throwers it gets tighter.