I feel you on that. I tell them
to just buy a b-grade for cheap.

3 Likes

“Why is that Yoyo so big?”
“It’s an offstring Yoyo, it can fly off the string & do crazy tricks. Look!”
[falls on the floor & rolls a million miles away]

14 Likes

You and me both, bro.

In my case it is largely the result of limited play/practice time, combined with the fact that I’m anything but a natural at this and so most tricks take me forever to master even with lots of practice time. Hell, I’ve still only mastered two binds!

5 Likes

Nothing.

3 Likes

when i started off binds were the one tricks i could not get enough of, i know probably around 15 to 25 binds and i have only been yoyoing for a year

4 Likes

So, are you using hand me down equipment? Surely you’re not using the same yoyos you were 16 years ago. Where do you get your yoyos and string?

6 Likes

same

4 Likes

I hate it when either people ask how much an expensive yoyo you are using is, for them to try it or, for you to do walk the dog or rock the baby. actually i change my mind on that last one because you can just show off and do some crazy advanced looping stupid rock the baby trick

4 Likes

Missing your starting mount twice in a row when trying to show off a trick.

7 Likes

Holy frock I dinged my week old N12 :sob:

8 Likes

It was supposed to be here today, instead it sat in New Hampshire for 3 days. It still has to cross the continent to get to me. :exploding_head:

9 Likes

Yeah I noticed that. For some reason the other package I sent out the same day got to its destination yesterday.

I ordered something from YYF Monday and it’s not supposed to arrive here until tomorrow. :frowning:

7 Likes

Patience izza virtue my friends

4 Likes

It’s not just the walk the dog request. It’s that I’ll get asked to walk the dog after hitting a dope combo. They essentially want to see a sleeper after I hit a freaking kwijibo. Leave

7 Likes

Can someone explain to me the fascination civilians have with Walk the Dog?

6 Likes

I think people may look at the “walk the dog” request the wrong way sometimes. For many people that’s the most famous or only trick they are aware of. The fact that they are requesting it at least means they are interacting with you yoyoing, in the only way they are somewhat familiar with.

20 Likes

And why you should always carry a yoyo with you that allows you to do this trick.

7 Likes

I guess I’m just trying to understand the mental process that goes: “Okay, I’ve just seen this amazing combo of yoyo tricks, but I wonder if this dude can Walk the Dog. I’ll ask and see if he can…” :confused:

6 Likes

It’s not “I wonder if he can”, it’s “hey you should do”.

Even if they ask it as “but can you walk the dog?”, they really just are trying to interact with you as LJ said.

8 Likes