Thickest strings?

Is there a chart anywhere of string thickness? Or does anyone know what are the thickest strings available? Top 5 starting with the thickest?

3 Likes

The thickest I have personally seen are the “Dummy Thicc” from BadWolfeCo. I purchased a couple packages, and they are way too thick for me - but no doubt perfect for somebody else. BadWolfeCo makes a very nice string.

9 Likes

Thank you. I really like them. They are thicker than I imagined. It feels like you’re wearing a glove. I’ll play with it tonight and see how I feel about it after a couple hours of straight use.

7 Likes

kitty xxl is kinda phatty…

kevin rak @yoyolife1375 on IG makes some custom strings on the thick
side… thick strings that aren’t ‘too’
thick but are some feel ‘oh so nice’… they feel
different then airetic, but since they are not producing anymore he’s definitely worth talking to

1 Like

I should have tried those before selling my Par Avian.

3 Likes

I made a really thick one, once

The innermost string is a pretty standard “fat” size, the outermost has 3 times the threadcount

8 Likes

It’s like wonder woman’s lasso

8 Likes

How was it to play with?

I don;t usually go in for thick strings, but the thickest I have are Zipline Skyline III, Airetic, and Plutonium, in that order. If Dummy Thick are thicker than the Skylines then they are probably thick enough for any yoyo. Gotta get me some Bad Wolf strings sometime soon.

1 Like

It carried so much momentum through the air, and most of the yoyos I tried played responsive with it.

2 Likes

@rajones19 was super awesome and sent me some Bad Wolfe Co strings so I thought I’d give my opinion on them. There was Competition dummy thicc and daffodil daydream dummy thicc.
The Competition is thinner and I believe 100% nylon. It is the strangest feeling string I have used. It’s softer and slicker but when it runs across your fingers with any tension you can feel the ridges of the string and it feels very much like plastic. It is so much slicker that it is a little harder to bind and the way I like to wind a yo-yo is much harder because it slides against itself easier. I think.
The Daffodil Daydream is THICK! It looks like a April fools joke. I think it’s a poly/nylon blend. But it’s the softest and smoothest string I have used yet. You definitely need a bigger gap, but I felt that the thickness was balanced by slickness when it comes to binds. They do grip sooner, and have a bigger tendency to grab the tail in the bind, but it just takes a little adjustment.
I will definitely be getting more of the Daffodil daydream.

1 Like

That’s some good looking rope. :joy:
How did you make it?

1 Like

Rob - It’s the other way around. The Competition blend are Polyester/Nylon, the Daffodil Daydream are 100% Nylon. And yeah, they are thick!

1 Like

Those work great on spin tops! Just make them a lot longer. :slight_smile:

You can actually match your tops wraps to arm length also.

1 Like

Good to know. Thank you again.

I used a pretty standard string-making rig, just many many more layers of thread.

1 Like